PDA

View Full Version : How to make blinkers flash faster?

Blanco 86 Lx-i
10-16-2002, 10:26 PM
I know this isn't the How to page but its a tech Q.
I looked @ the blinker and i took the cover off,
but i couldn't figure how to make it blink @ a
constant and fast rate. anyone with knowledge
about this please respond. Or where to buy after
market ones. do i need to check the blinker fluid level
and add ACCORDingly?:lol

netfreak
10-16-2002, 10:35 PM
I believe it involves adding a resistor to the circuit. You'd have to wait until someone who's done it before posts instructions because I'm not too sure which type you need.

88 Accord DX
10-17-2002, 04:51 AM
some dude made a tutorial about this. you get a cheap little thing from radio shack and you sodder it on to somthing and you can adjust how fast your blinker goes. its pretty tight lemme try and find it.

hondadna
10-17-2002, 06:23 AM
go to your local parts store like autozone and buy a pair of LED lights they cost 14.79 but you get a fast blink and the LEDs are red so they give you a better look they blink faster because the resistnece is lower and it fouls the flasher in to thinking that your light is out=fast flash!

ccpp
10-18-2002, 03:24 PM
This is for a 5th gen accord but may be helpful to you.
http://www.andrews.edu/~johnsonm/howto/hyperblinker.html

if all else fails you can still buy one from ebay.

GDGuy11B
10-18-2002, 04:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/hitnaccord/mods/fastsignals.htm

use this link.

Micah

Blanco 86 Lx-i
10-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the info everybody!

rocky2
10-20-2002, 06:34 AM
Could be a sign of a dieing battrey or alternater. Or your stereo is taking up to much power.

Thorny88Lx
11-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Hey I noticed that if you take the bumper blinker and disconnect it while the blinker is going, you can hear it trying to blink faster.

2old_honda
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
one question, WHY? whats the point?

anchovies
11-06-2002, 10:37 PM
Why don't make the turn signal follow some beat? 1...2...3...cha cha cha...
Or follow your bass...yeah

87AccordsterLx
11-06-2002, 11:30 PM
maybe I can clairfy... the reason that the blinkers blink fast is to alert the driver that either A: one of your bulbs is burnt, or B: there is a short or blown fuse relating to the blinkers...
If you want to confuse you blinkers into thinking that one or more is burnt then you have several options... what I did was I went to pepboys and bought 2 relays .. they are about $7 give or take... each.. you need about 20 to 24 feet of wire .. I think i used 14 gauge... what I did was I wired the front blinkers to the relay.. and then to the sidemarkers... and from there to the battery... thus leaving the orignal power wire to the blinker cut... making it seem as if its burnt... now what happens is when I turn the headlights on the front blinkers stay on like fog/driving lights and when you use the blinker it blinks as well... (fast) if you need an indepth how to I can do that... serveral other people were asking so I'll just submit it to an admin and see if we can put it into the how to....

Blanco 86 Lx-i
11-09-2002, 09:23 AM
thanks 87AccordsterLx ican't wait till it's posted,but i'll try your directions. and whats the reason? i've seen other cars with it and i like the look