PDA

View Full Version : Installing Reverse Indiglows

89cordlx
10-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Hey, I just got my reverse indiglows and I was wondering how some of you might have wired yours up? I have a friend who said he did his through his cd player, and I duno what he ment by that. Any help would be appreciated.

original2k
10-17-2002, 05:00 AM
yeah man i feel your pain lol, well i wired mine through the tail lights, basically u flip down that box (or just pull it off) that's in front of your left leg on the drivers side that says (fuse) hehe, then crouch down and you'll see all those fuses, basically u pull out the one for the tail lights take the positive wire (red) and strip some insulation, then literally put the exposed copper wire into the fuse terminal for the tail lights, then plug the fuse in right behind it, for the negative (black) there's a strut bar right above the fuse that u can tape the wire too, after exposing the wire ofcourse, so now, whenever u turn on your tail lights (when u switch on your markers) the indiglo's will come on too!!! u could just hook it up to the low beam headlights as well, but they'd only come on when u have your headlights on, i'm off to work so hopefully i solved your problem, i'm pretty sure some1 else will help u tho. hope i helped.

anchovies
10-17-2002, 11:52 AM
You can also splice it to the dimmer control switch. It's up to you.
I thought positive is black and negative is red. I dunno, I'm not an electric head

original2k
10-17-2002, 05:01 PM
lol actually i don't know how to "splice" myself, what do u mean by that? oh yeah red is always positive like a "hot" wire if u think of it, black is like a "dead" wire for negative

Neuspeed87lx
10-17-2002, 07:25 PM
i have mine wired to the headlights ...i just cut(spliced) the wires that were for the headlights going into the control on the steering wheel and attached the guage wires ..the only thing i dont like is when i turn my high beams on the guages go off.. i can live with it though

anchovies
10-17-2002, 08:31 PM
websters dictionary states that splice is:
1. To join (two pieces of film, for example) at the ends.
2. To join (ropes, for example) by interweaving strands.
2. To join (pieces of wood) by overlapping and binding at the ends.
3. To join together or insert (segments of DNA or RNA) so as to form new genetic combinations or alter a genetic structure.

hope that helps :D

original2k
10-18-2002, 06:10 AM
haha hehe, your so funny. ok dammit! i get it! lol so i just cut the wire to the headlights (for example) and twist together the 3 wires i now have?

anchovies
10-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah you got it. Twisting back 3 wires is the key, I twisted back 2 wires, low and behold, no dimmer. I felt so stupid.

original2k
10-18-2002, 04:34 PM
lol i feel you man, i feel stupid when i do dumb things too! haha like whenever i drop a screw somewhere that i can't reach..........damn gauge bezel.........now i hear a freakin rattling sound when i have bass turned up loud coming from my gauges, i gotta get more screws lol. thx man

89cordlx
10-19-2002, 07:24 AM
hehe well I have another question. Who got there guages from ProCar parts? off ebay. because I did and I can't even get them on. I don't want to break anything.

anchovies
10-19-2002, 01:18 PM
89cordlx, what problems are you having?
It'll go on.

original2k
10-19-2002, 03:27 PM
check i did man, well for the tachometer u just unscrew the 2 screws and put the gauge over top the stock one's, then screw them back in, the speedometer same deal, as for the fuel/temp gauge i didn't know wtf they wanted me to do now screws or anything....so i glued it :) ahh indiglo's.....such a beautiful thing, hope that helped! pretty much u just slide the needles through the holes in the middle.

89cordlx
10-20-2002, 02:42 AM
well, I have them on. But now my speedometer and fuel gauages don't work, didn't notice my temp. The Tach work though. I am going to disasemble it all and see if I forget to plug something in. I hope thats the problem, cuz they look good.

original2k
10-20-2002, 03:11 PM
diassemble??? lol i hope u didn't pull ANYTHING out cuz the gauges go over top the stock one's, the only reason i can think your fuel gauges doesn't work is if the gauge is hanging on the needles, u have to center them on there somewhere, told u i glued mine lol, but the speedometer? hmm, i'm not too sure, all i know is that my tachometer has been acting stupid ever since i put thos gauges on, well tell us what happened

GDGuy11B
10-20-2002, 05:35 PM
i got mine off ebay from procarparts. where did you guys put all the wires and where did you mount the switch?

Micah

anchovies
10-20-2002, 09:21 PM
89cordlx: if you took out the needles to put your indiglos on then nobody can help you. If you didn't then just make sure all plugs are on and the indigios are not binding with the needle base.
GDGuy11B : Just throw the wire at the back of the gauge and to the side. Doesn't really matter anyways. The switch? Mine is still hanging near the coin box. Wanted to put it in the box but im lazy to correct that mistake :D

original2k
10-21-2002, 05:13 AM
lol@ anchovies that's what i was thinking like "mount my switch?" lol glad none of the local 3geez's have seen my car cuz my switch is "mounted" near my foot where the clutch is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;)

89cordlx
10-21-2002, 07:20 AM
ok, well I did't take my needles off. My Speedo just doesn't go below ten. I am going to take them off and glue them down to make sure it all works. And yes I disassemble, so I take the whole cluster out and make sure it's all good :pimp:

SQ is the SQUAD
10-21-2002, 10:41 AM
when i was putting my guage cover over the gas/temp section my gas guage needle broke off, is there any way to fix this cuase i just spent $25 for this guage cluster the grey guage scans/ reverse indiglos from procarparts looks great with the carbonfiber bezel that they sell everythnig line up perfectly and it really look great

89cordlx
10-21-2002, 06:59 PM
I have the aluminum bezel, it looks pretty good. hehe while were on the subject of fixing stuff. How do I fix my glovebox so it doesn't rattle, and so it doesn't hang down below where it should?

anchovies
10-22-2002, 01:29 PM
I think you can change the needles but making it work again is gonna be difficult. I've read some ppl that made it happened but most couldn't. It's worth a try if you still want to keep the cluster.
And 89cordlx: Look at the hinges behind the glovebox, it might be broken.

hybrid281
10-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Maybe this was already answered, but does anyone know where to find indiglo gauges(normal or reverse) for a standard tranny DX model?

89cordlx
10-22-2002, 07:52 PM
they're universal for the 86-89 right? I got the MT ones even though I drive an auto. I did that plug the posative wire into the taillight fuse, they look sweet allthough I can't see my guages much, I am going put the overhead lights back in.

anchovies
10-23-2002, 11:38 AM
ebay or procarparts

89cordlx
10-23-2002, 04:45 PM
does anyone else have the problem of being able to see the begining of the glow off the guages? because I can see blue on the bottom left corner of all three

anchovies
10-23-2002, 07:59 PM
yes :D

89cordlx
10-23-2002, 08:43 PM
how did you fix it?

anchovies
10-24-2002, 01:04 PM
did not :D
Some ideas. I think you can cover it up with a silver pen or white pen markers depending on the color. Or if you don't really care, then just use some black marker. Don't held me any responsibility for your doings

original2k
10-25-2002, 03:12 PM
why cover it up? it looks the jdm type r aerocord gauges.......right?:D

88accordalltheway
01-01-2004, 10:21 AM
uh, happy new year 04, well i guess no one has said anything in this thread for a long while but i was wondering, out of a scale od 1 to 10, how much of a pain in the a$$ IS it to change the indaglo gagues? i was just curious cause i was thinking of getting them off ebay but i didnt know how much trouble i would be getting myself into.thanks alot

HondaBoy
01-01-2004, 11:43 AM
hey, i've been wondering why they don't list the indiglo guages as 86-89. usually, and realy i havent found it saying 86-89, but only 88-89. i looked at different guages from all model years, and nothing was realy different except for the carb and FI models, but thats just the bezel thing. not the actual guages. anyway, i would realy like some of the indiglo guages to liven up my dash!

AccordArizona89
01-02-2004, 12:39 AM
i painted my bezel red and just painted the bulbs blue and gives it a sweet teal color to it. for wiring the indiglos splice them thru one of the wires that light up another gauge... Well thats what i did for my tach...

BDaccordguy
01-02-2004, 01:05 AM
i got my silver faced reverse indiglos off ebay(best place to get the procarparts ones) for like $23. I wired them into my cruise control switch on the dash because it was close by and it lights up with the rest of the dash lights, and mounted the switch in the little hole to the right of that. I left the lights that light up the faces of the stock gauges so i could see the needles at night. To solve your problem of seeing the beginning of the glow, put the wires behind the gauge bezel, i did and do not have a problem with that. When i mounted them i had a little problem with the speedometer screw holes not lining up correctly so i kinda had to extend the right one, and for the temp/fuel gauge i used double sided 3M tape. I have no problems with guages not working. I think they dont list them as 86-89 because some models had temp/fuel gauges that had needles which pointed inwards while some had needles that pointed outwards.

88accordalltheway
01-05-2004, 04:41 PM
any one have a diagram or step by step list of how to install them. i dont have them yet but i was thinking about getting them and i tried to get to the gagues and i dont know how to get to them. Just though someone would know.

BDaccordguy
01-06-2004, 09:46 AM
to get to the gauges theres a bunch of screws you will need to remove. Two are on the top part of the gauge cover near the window ( under a cover you will need to remove first) and then there are some screws to the left of the steering column behind where the power mirror switch is or would be. and finally there are some to the right of the steering column behind the rear defroster and headlight popup switches. then the entire cover should just pull off and viola!... you are into your gauges.

88accordalltheway
01-06-2004, 07:29 PM
thanks man, you helped alot