PDA

View Full Version : Filament bulb replacements?

firefighterwhite89
01-25-2012, 04:33 PM
O'Reilly Auto Parts sells these LED filament bulb replacements that fit just near any of our lights/bulb sockets on our cars. I've had the same
LED red Taillights for 2 years without any issues whatsoever and they're abit brighter than stock filament bulbs. Only drawback is they pull too little
amperage causing our Brake Light Out sensor to trip even though all lights are working perfectly fine. Anyone using these lights anywhere on their vehicle?
Anyone had any issues?

DBMaster
01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
I replaced both bulbs in my front corner lights with LED's, literally, about 7-8 years ago. In those locations you have no issues with the sensors. There are in-line resistors you can purchase that will mimic the resistance from regular filament bulbs and prevent the brake light sensors from lighting. Look around. I haven't replaced any other bulbs because a few years ago I replaced every bulb that had not burned out as a preventive measure. I spent a little extra money on "long life" name brand bulbs so I actually haven't had a burn out on any exterior bulb. LED's are nice, but I didn't see a reason to replace everything at this point.