PDA

View Full Version : does any one know where to source the part below

stezie
01-31-2012, 12:25 PM
i am wondering if any one knows where i could source part number 2 in the diagram below.. a crowd that would ship to Ireland would help too please!

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/hpl/images_car/17SJ001/imge/B__4700.jpg

Oldblueaccord
01-31-2012, 12:37 PM
www.rockauto.com ? maybe see if they ship overseas.

wp

DBMaster
01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
#2 is the fluid-filled front motor mount. Rock Auto has it. I also know that it is offered by the manufacturer "Anchor." That brand is sold at Auto Zone and O'Reilly's. Both offer a lifetime warranty. Truthfully,though, my experience has been that these mounts last 100,000 miles, tops. Also, when replacing this mount you need to replace #3 at the same time. Take my word for it.

lostforawhile
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
dont forget cygnus x-1 makes the adapter brackets to use the energy suspension poly mounts, this is your best bet, as you will never have to replace the mount again, get a hold of him, and the energy suspension part can probably be shipped to you from summit racing, they carry the part, the factory mounts have issues, this fixes them

-$MOKIN-
01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
make sure you get the right year ..

stezie
02-01-2012, 05:12 AM
it looks like Rock auto is the only crowd that ships internationally..

To get :

#2 X1
#3 X2
#8 X1

will cost me 32 euros, but to have them shipped to ireland will cost another 103euro.. mad shipping charges.. i must dig deeper to see if i can get these is europe to reduce shipping costs.

@-$mokin - im aware of the year changes. I have a 87 B20 engine and the front mount is different to the 88 B20 mount. cheers for heads up though.

DBMaster
02-01-2012, 05:57 AM
For those that have used the adapters and poly mounts, I have a question. Do you notice more engine vibration in the passenger compartment? I usually know it is time to replace my mounts when the contents of my glove box start rattling when I am stopped at lights.

Dr_Snooz
02-01-2012, 09:28 AM
You should only need one of the #3. For #8, do a visual inspection of the mount before replacing. If it isn't cracked, I wouldn't replace it. The only exception being if it's 1,000 years old, hard as granite and transmitting vibrations through the chassis.

cygnus x-1
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
For those that have used the adapters and poly mounts, I have a question. Do you notice more engine vibration in the passenger compartment? I usually know it is time to replace my mounts when the contents of my glove box start rattling when I am stopped at lights.

I can pretty much guarantee you will feel more engine vibration with the poly mounts. They are significantly stiffer than the rubber ones.

C|

A18A
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I would also do something with the torque rod, maybe fill it with something, not so it's solid as fuck, but just so the engine doesn't move all over the engine bay like they normally do with stock mounts.

stezie
02-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't think ill go down the poly bushed route as they will be too stiff. I am doing an OEM restoration so will be keeping the look and feel to as close to OEM as possible.

@a18a - cheers for the reminder about the tourque. Almost forgot to source a bushing for that as well.

DBMaster
02-02-2012, 08:24 AM
I just wish the OEM mounts were a bit more robust. I wonder if the fourth gen mounts are stronger?

MessyHonda
02-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I just wish the OEM mounts were a bit more robust. I wonder if the fourth gen mounts are stronger?

i only had the rear mount and the side mount fail. so i bought a new mount and filled it in with polyurethane just to make it last longer than 50k