PDA

View Full Version : cant get after market parts for my accord...

Dylan464
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
so i got my guy at the parts store to look around for aftermarket parts and hes looked everywhere and even mopac say no, so wt should i do now... i heard people saying a20a3 head swap but would it bolt right up to my a1 block? and is their parts for them like cams, exhaust, intake and shit?... and how hard would it be?

its a 89 accord ex 5spd a20a1 carbed all stock right now
im in bc canada, i still have aircare but not that crazy california emmisions bs

i kinda want to do a cb7 motor swap if i cant find anything but idk

plz need ideas...

RAZR
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Well i can tell you the 3gee has very little to no after market support. Your gunna have to get custom parts.

http://www.bisimoto.com/
Bisimoto makes cams, cam gears, and valve springs.

It will be very hard to do a cb7 swap. The only motor that just drops right in the the jdm b Series.

Dylan464
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
lmao at the 1-800 thing and i know we own the best cars i love mine to pieces and trying to find a jdm b series... good luck around here ppl wait at wreckers til they see cars they want come in on flat decks, but... i might know a place im not sure if they have b series tho and doing the cb7 swap wts so hard or different that i cant make?, im a fabricator so i can make my own mounts and shit if need be, but my buddys that own cb7's are constantly bugging me to swap a motor from their year of car and they are my honda masters i go to them for answers usually so i thot it wasnt that hard

ps. i just swapped the single cam out of a 96 civic and threw a b18a in and did it in like 2 days didnt seem that hard but shit also bolted pretty much right up...

A18A
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
if fabrication is no obstacle for you, then the hardest part of putting a CB accords motor into a 3g will probably be converting your car to efi, doing all the wiring and such. also mix & matching random parts between cars to make stuff work. better to buy a whole donor car with the motor you want instead of just buying the motor

obdriver6
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Why don't you just swap to a regular B-series, innovative makes mounts and a few people have done it here and there's a ton of aftermarket support!

Dylan464
02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
im just guna buy a cb7 accord and build that a lil then probly do the b series swap( if i can find one with the full harness and shit)in the ca5, get it on the road and then turbo the cb7, then ill have 2 different accords that rip shit

Honda Man
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Dam Mr. Badass over here. Those would be some badass swaps. I'd like to see that cb7 swap. I's say go for it. If you can fabricate stuff yourself then fuck it and go for it. And post as many pics as you can. We all LOVE pics

dieselgus
02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
How many KM on your current motor? if its under 250,000 I can be persuaded to take it off your hands should you do a swap (provided it is a clean runner).

Try Ralph's over on Mitchell Island. They have a shitload of 3G and other Hondas over there. Same goes for Japan Auto Parts (right next door). Right as you exit off the Knight St bridge on the Vancouver side.

Dylan464
03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
my current a20a1 has 527,xxx km and runs mint since i ported the head, and the block still had cross hatching like a new engine(did head rebuild at 524,xxx). and the swap is guna happen... my friend is giving me a b16 out of a del sol with harness and cluster but gota find a transmission which i will check ralphs cuz i remeber a wall of honda when i went there b4 and i got a friend that just did a b18 in 96 civic swap that knows ppl with parts.

once i start ill post lots of pics
but guna be moving in a week so guna be awhile b4 i get goin

MessyHonda
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
you would have to buy a mount kit from innovative mounts and convert your car to fuel injection or be sick and run a b16 on carbs

SladeHonda
03-12-2012, 12:31 PM
So whats up with Andys Auto Sports I order stuff from them before and they have plenty of aftermarket parts ... Never order anything major so I dont know if the stuff would hook right up or not if it was a bigger part

mykwikcoupe
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I saw this title and thought to myself "you think your having a hard time finding aftermarket support now?" I remember when the best bolt on aftermarket filter or a flipped air box lid. These days these cars have 10 times the support they used to.

Dylan464
09-28-2012, 05:06 PM
nvm that carbed car got a m.v.i and is now a parts car for my 89 ex-i, which i can do a lot more, its got straight pipe exhaust, cold air, and 96 acura tl 3.2 injectors that ar 5cc more, guna find a set of h22a1 or h22a4 injectors that are 275cc and the a4 is 345cc, guna make my own custom header out of a couple 350 chevy long tube headers, guna do my 5spd swap with a stage 2 clutch, then eventually boost cuz i got 2 turbos, front mount intercooler, a bunch of piping and more, and guna get head package from Gude performance.

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2012, 05:22 PM
All adding fuel to an unmodified engine will do is cause it to run too rich. Sure, porting a head may allow more air in, but until you have real engine management, don't upgrade your fuel injectors.

gfrg88
09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
All adding fuel to an unmodified engine will do is cause it to run too rich. Sure, porting a head may allow more air in, but until you have real engine management, don't upgrade your fuel injectors.

We really need a "Like" button on here. lol...