PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Dx 1986

HondaAccord86Dx(MTZ)
02-06-2012, 07:19 PM
hey there people im tryin to see if anyone is having this trouble when im driving it seems that every time i try to brake i need to brake b4 like a quater of a mile so i can brake we have checked the brakes and bled them to see if they were the problem but no still having the same problem so im asking you guys to see if there is any after market brakes that would help and i also want to know what i should do if i want to put a intake into my car its a lot wierder since my car is a carburetor but maybe you might know so if you can please help me with this :mod:

Dr_Snooz
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm a little unclear as to what your issue is. It sounds like you are experiencing a very long stopping distance. Are you pressing hard on the brake but it's just not grabbing? Are you feeling anything in the pedal? Any noises?

Also, please do your utmost to use correct spelling, complete sentences and punctuation. When you don't, you make it really hard for us to figure out what you're trying to say.

Thanks.

ShyBoyCA6
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
^^^ This!

3geez needs a like button

2oodoor
02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
the brakes on a 86 DX or LX do absolutely suck no doubt.
I would start with a master cyl and booster from an 88-89 Lxi, then get the front rotors and caliper plus hardware from the same Lxi.

obdriver6
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
^^^ This!

3geez needs a like button

x2...... but if you're looking for bigger brakes look up the 11" rotor upgrade.......oh and welcome!

HondaAccord86Dx(MTZ)
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm a little unclear as to what your issue is. It sounds like you are experiencing a very long stopping distance. Are you pressing hard on the brake but it's just not grabbing? Are you feeling anything in the pedal? Any noises?

Also, please do your utmost to use correct spelling, complete sentences and punctuation. When you don't, you make it really hard for us to figure out what you're trying to say.

Thanks.

yea it doesnt seem to grab and no i do not feel anything on the brake pedal and no noises

HondaAccord86Dx(MTZ)
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
the brakes on a 86 DX or LX do absolutely suck no doubt.
I would start with a master cyl and booster from an 88-89 Lxi, then get the front rotors and caliper plus hardware from the same Lxi.

so your just telling me to switch everything i have currently on my car to everything an lxi has and i was thinking of doing the master cylinder :help:

2oodoor
02-08-2012, 04:29 AM
so your just telling me to switch everything i have currently on my car to everything an lxi has and i was thinking of doing the master cylinder :help:

kinda, but if you are replacing things anyway these upgrades cost about the same as you would spend anyway, even buying used mc/with booster if it has been replaced on the junkyard donar, would be fine in my opinion.

Dr_Snooz
02-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Do the brakes feel spongy at all?