PDA

View Full Version : Security

88lxi-shortram
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
So I just saw someone eyeing my car a minute ago and definitly got a little scared. I moved it behind my truck for safety purposes but its defintly time to start securing it up a bit. I was thinking of buying a quick release steering wheel and installing a fuel cut switch. But I couldnt find much about quick releases through search. So what quick releases.will fit our cars? Ive been told one from an ef will be the same but I just dont have money to be spending on what people believe. Id rather be sure than out money. So does anyone know from expierince or memory?

A18A
02-06-2012, 10:41 PM
i would get a gps tracker, they're pretty cheap now days. a car can still get stolen no matter what kinda security you put into it, but at least with a tracker, you know where to find it

AccordB20A
02-07-2012, 01:31 AM
if in doubt, make your main relay removable and take it with you.

88lxi-shortram
02-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Lol theres been times where ive taken my ecu into the mall just because I dont trust anybody. Ill look into the gps tracker as well. right now ive got her secured in my shop around back since I can t drive her right now.

obdriver6
02-08-2012, 12:13 AM
^^ thats a pretty good idea! Nobody is gonna be carrying an accord ecu!

zeun4749
02-08-2012, 04:36 AM
i would get a gps tracker, they're pretty cheap now days. a car can

88lxi-shortram
02-08-2012, 10:13 AM
^^ thats a pretty good idea! Nobody is gonna be carrying an accord ecu!

lol i first started doing that with my buddys type R swapped EG. thats where i got the idea from. he had one of those side carry bags that he would take his ecu and steering wheel around with him. and he had a fuel cut switch that he flipped as well

gp02a0083
02-08-2012, 10:38 AM
the removable steering wheel is a great idea, until you get 2 vice grips and use them lol. I would suggest a cutoff switch hidden in the rear of the car to cut power to the fuel pump. This is what i normally do. In the most extreme case if someone wants to really take your car there is no stopping them from putting it on a flatbed or something . In that case i would agree with the others to have a GPS tracker.

I tend to only slightly modify the external and internal appearance of my hatch, so that it doesn't catch anyone's eye.

88lxi-shortram
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
the hardest part about a switch for me is my car is stripped so its very hard to hide a switch. i was actually thinking about finding a way to incorporate it with and a/c button if possible. or find a way to tap into the neutral/park antistart thing and have a hidden switch that would inturupt the signal almost like it was still in drive but as soon as i flip the switch it would correct it and recognize it as in park/nuetral. lol idk if i explained that right but i tryed.

MessyHonda
02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
when i had a msd box it would let you put a switch on the signal. you could hid it anywhere

88lxi-shortram
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
after the car is back on the road that was going to be my first new mod before i go 5 speed. im just wondering if there is some way to integrate a switch into an unused button in my car (one of the ac buttons, the cruise control button, ect) or like i said earlier integrate it into the park/neitral switch somehow.