PDA

View Full Version : "OEM" floormats

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Well I have looked through all the threads. Most of them have dead links, or the product is no longer carried by the company. What I am looking for is an OEM, or OEM style floor mats for my hatch. I don't care if it says honda, but I would like them to fit the lines of the floor like the original mats. If anybody has any sites, or knows of a business that can help me, that would be great.

charliekuney
02-14-2012, 02:28 PM
What color do you need? I don't know why, but it seems as though most cars that get shipped up here to the Pacific Northwest have factory floor mats. I can probably find you a decent set for your hatch, or at least the two rear and front-passenger mats (you have probably seen OEM mats with holes under the pedals from wear).

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
What color do you need? I don't know why, but it seems as though most cars that get shipped up here to the Pacific Northwest have factory floor mats. I can probably find you a decent set for your hatch, or at least the two rear and front-passenger mats (you have probably seen OEM mats with holes under the pedals from wear).

Yep all I find is shitty AutoZone mats, and OEM with giant holes in them. I need the blue ones for the 88 hatch. I will have to look up the interior code. The back floor mats would be great, but I'm primarily looking for the front ones. If you come across a nice set let me know. I'll pay you for your time, and shipping as well as the cost of the mats.

RobT5580
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
There was a place i found before that sold them but i can't recall who it was. I did save my floor mats from the red coupe so i can have them copied so pm me if you can't come up with anything.

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 03:45 PM
There was a place i found before that sold them but i can't recall who it was. I did save my floor mats from the red coupe so i can have them copied so pm me if you can't come up with anything.

I looked all over the net. I can't seem to find any, they have generic ones. Those all seem pretty crappy tho. I wish I had kept mine from my prior hatch, they were ment!

DBMaster
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Here's where I bought mine. I wore a hole through my driver side mat and wanted to go with black instead of the hideous "maroon." They are cut the same as my OEM mats - perfect fit.

http://dashmat.com/products/floormats_custom.html

I bought a set for my girlfriend's 2003 Highlander from these folks last December. Also, a perfect fit, including the grommets for the floor hooks. Good quality, too. I bought mine in 2008.

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Here's where I bought mine. I wore a hole through my driver side mat and wanted to go with black instead of the hideous "maroon." They are cut the same as my OEM mats - perfect fit.

http://dashmat.com/products/floormats_custom.html

I bought a set for my girlfriend's 2003 Highlander from these folks last December. Also, a perfect fit, including the grommets for the floor hooks. Good quality, too. I bought mine in 2008.

I wonder if they will work for the hatch. Do they fit well in your coupe? Looks like I can only order a 4pc set, I think the coupe had the same as the hatch for the rear.

DBMaster
02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I am almost positive that the coupe and hatch would have the same mats. They are literally a perfect fit. They are cut exactly as the OEM mats that came with my car. The rear mats are pretty much generic rectangles, anyway, but the Dashmat floor mats have a little extra bit on the front-facing side so they actually stay in place a little better than the factory mats. Honestly, I could not have asked for better and the price was right.

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
I am almost positive that the coupe and hatch would have the same mats. They are literally a perfect fit. They are cut exactly as the OEM mats that came with my car. The rear mats are pretty much generic rectangles, anyway, but the Dashmat floor mats have a little extra bit on the front-facing side so they actually stay in place a little better than the factory mats. Honestly, I could not have asked for better and the price was right.

Awesome, that's exactly what I am looking for. I'll have to pick up a set, for $75.00 that's a steal!

Legend_master
02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Just ordered a set!

l0l
02-14-2012, 07:58 PM
let me know how these work out...wish i could find some oem too

obdriver6
02-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Post pics when you get them

DBMaster
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Nothing's going to be exactly like OEM. These are good quality, nylon carpeted mats. The OEM mats have thicker rubber backing in the center to prevent them from "bunching up." I haven't had issues with these, but I do not push forward against the floor when I exit the car. They are literally cut from the same pattern as the set that came with my car. They have been very easy to clean if anything gets on them. They look great after nearly four years in the car. I don't think you're going to do much better for the money. I really like the look of the black mats on the maroon carpet. The rest of the interior has black contrasts, so why not the floor as well?

charliekuney
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
I am almost positive that the coupe and hatch would have the same mats.

This is true.

Legend_master
02-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Nothing's going to be exactly like OEM. These are good quality, nylon carpeted mats. The OEM mats have thicker rubber backing in the center to prevent them from "bunching up." I haven't had issues with these, but I do not push forward against the floor when I exit the car. They are literally cut from the same pattern as the set that came with my car. They have been very easy to clean if anything gets on them. They look great after nearly four years in the car. I don't think you're going to do much better for the money. I really like the look of the black mats on the maroon carpet. The rest of the interior has black contrasts, so why not the floor as well?

What I really meant by OEM was the shape, and not the material. I just hate the "universal" floor mats I see in old cars. Usually really thick rubber, and shaped like a square. I appreciate the link, we should make it more readily available.

DBMaster
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
What color did you order? Since I went with black instead of maroon I didn't have to worry about color match.

If your primary desire is to get a good fit you will be VERY happy.

Legend_master
02-16-2012, 02:37 PM
What color did you order? Since I went with black instead of maroon I didn't have to worry about color match.

If your primary desire is to get a good fit you will be VERY happy.

I went with navy blue, but I'm :nervous: about that. If its a little off in color I don't mind. Either way its gonna look better then my other options.

Legend_master
02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Alright, I received the mats. The color is not perfect, but the fit is immaculate. The back mats are a little off, but I think that has to do with the seat change design of the later hatch backs. You would never know unless you look closely. For the price these things are great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/8879b70f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/5fea71a1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/0a439b65.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/d719c2d4.jpg

obdriver6
03-01-2012, 12:32 AM
They look great! I might pick up a set. I only wish they said "ACCORD".

Honda Man
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Dam your hatch is clean. Those mats look fitted pretty good to. I'm going to have to get me some to because those fleemarket generics are crap. Good find DBmaster and they look really nice Legend

charliekuney
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't like the shape (compared to the OEM mats), but the darker blue was an excellent color choice - it really makes your interior pop compared to the other saturations of blue.

What brand/model of cigarette/USB adapter do you have!?

DBMaster
03-02-2012, 02:32 PM
The front mats ARE OEM shape. My rears had the same smaller area at the end that goes under the seat. OBDriver6, you can pay extra for monogramming on the mats. You could have "Accord" stitched in if you wanted it. Personally, I always thought that was a bit of overkill on my original mats. I mean, it's not like I don't already KNOW I'm in an Accord. LOL.

ShyBoyCA6
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Very Nice! it brings out the color more :) might be getting a set as well when i change my carpet to a different color.

charliekuney
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
The front mats ARE OEM shape.

All four sets of OEM mats that I had were mirrored, I'm pretty sure; both the front mats and the rear mats were identical, just opposite. His fronts are not identical/mirrored...nor are his rears shaped right. Aren't the OEM rears just rectangles?

Legend_master
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM

The can embroider what ever you want, even 3Geez lol.

I don't like the shape (compared to the OEM mats), but the darker blue was an excellent color choice - it really makes your interior pop compared to the other saturations of blue.

What brand/model of cigarette/USB adapter do you have!?

Here you go sir (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77186), and my original mats were not mirrored. I wonder if there are different options on the floor mats. I've had 2 OEM sets that were similar to these.

obdriver6
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I found out you can do that after I posted. hmm, 3geez would look much better!

Buzo
03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow! I like the color combination between your new floormats and your carpet.

Actually my Tundra's floormats say "Tundra" in the front ones and I like it. Its a nice sensation to know that they belong to that car.

DBMaster
03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
That's why I said that the FRONT mats matched my OEM. The OEM rear mats are just little rectangles. The Dashmat rear mats are actually better in my car. They still tend to move around too much, but since it is a rare occasion that my back seat is used it's not too much of a PITA. I think the little hooks that they use on some cars are an excellent idea.

charliekuney
03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Here you go sir... (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77186)

I found this right after I asked, haha.

That's why I said that the FRONT mats matched my OEM.

Yes, I realize this. lolol, I found pictures of my old set and they indeed are not mirrored.

MessyHonda
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
they look good tho. all i really care about is the front not the rear because no one rides in the back of my car.

ArkyHog88
03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm looking for a decent set for the front of my 88. I hate how flimsy the parts-store mats are. Anyone have a front set in Burgundy?

Legend_master
03-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm looking for a decent set for the front of my 88. I hate how flimsy the parts-store mats are. Anyone have a front set in Burgundy?

Did you read this thread?

ShyBoyCA6
03-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Did you read this thread?

he hasn't a clue lol

DBMaster
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, maybe so, but these mats ARE a bit flimsier than the OEM. The ones that came with my car were $100 from the dealer in 1989 and they were NOT willing to "throw them in" as an enticement. Recall that in the 80's Accords were sometimes selling ABOVE sticker price. These mats are good and fit very well, but they are NOT as good as OEM. For the money you can afford to replace them every five years if you want.

ArkyHog88
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks, I did read the thread... I was hoping someone had an old set of honda oem's laying around, not the aftermarket "oems" that the link was for.

charliekuney
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks, I did read the thread... I was hoping someone had an old set of honda oem's laying around, not the aftermarket "oems" that the link was for.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

ArkyHog88
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks.