PDA

View Full Version : New from Southern Oregon

m3g474rd
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi there wanted to say how much the forums have helped me with the work I have needed to do so far and given me a few ideas. I am new to Honda have been working on cars for years but will admit am at a bit of a loss of where to start lol. When I got the car it is pretty much stock save for a Weber install, with a Holley fuel regulator. Would appreciate any input that could be given on where a good place to start might be.

Dr_Snooz
02-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Would appreciate any input that could be given on where a good place to start might be.

Welcome! You might want to start by telling us what your plans are. Are you looking for a street racer, track car, factory restoration? Give us the lowdown and then post pics of your ride when you reach the 5 post minimum.

Legend_master
02-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi there wanted to say how much the forums have helped me with the work I have needed to do so far and given me a few ideas. I am new to Honda have been working on cars for years but will admit am at a bit of a loss of where to start lol. When I got the car it is pretty much stock save for a Weber install, with a Holley fuel regulator. Would appreciate any input that could be given on where a good place to start might be.

Considering how old these cars are, I would go over the suspension. The bearings, or ball joints failing can become a nightmare. As well the brake hoses should have a once over to make sure they are not dry rotted. Good luck with the car.

obdriver6
02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
:welcome:

A18A
02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
welcome!1

m3g474rd
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah sorry was sorta half dead to the world when I posed lol. Plans are to make it a street racer, and have checked the brake lines those where recently replaced, and the squeek isnt big just annoying lol, but brake lines are new. The big issue I am having right now is the idle at first start is going to almost 3k and not kicking down like it should. And knowing little bout weber's not too sure there, also a bit of shudder when in gear and at a stop light, as well as what sounds like a high pitched whistle comming from what sounds like behind the motor around the firewall side.