PDA

View Full Version : Camber kits?

vteckiller
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
All right.. i recently got some 17inch motegis model mr125, with 205/40/17s on em and i got no wear or rubs, the car is still sitting on stock springs/struts/control arms, they have been replaced but when i do lower the car.. i don't see any camber issues like I've been hearing/reading/seeing.. i plan to take the car into an adjuster to align my car and tell me my camber.. I'm curious on to why ppl are saying there rubbing with 205/50s/15s and such.. is it cause they lowered there car. throwing a few things off of course.. different angles of alignment. causing camber issues..? i don't mind the stock hight if the camber is fine.. but if its jacked then im lowering kit/camber kit.. but i dont see no cambering wears.. looks all even.

RAZR
02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
If you search theres lots of threads on camber kits.

Heres the thread for the prelude kit

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57131

vteckiller
02-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I would post a pic but my camera on my iphone is broke.

vteckiller
02-24-2012, 05:37 PM
[@RAZR]

right right but im saying i have no camber issues. i know of places to buy and thanks. just curious.. im going in and getting it looked at to see if its legit. but would be nice to throw out there that they have no camber wear on stock oem setup.. thanks!

cygnus x-1
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Changing wheel and tires will not affect the camber. They might rub, or they might not. Just depends on the suspension height, wheel offset, etc.

C|

obdriver6
02-24-2012, 07:37 PM
The only thing that would change camber is an accident or if you lowered your car.

vteckiller
02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
The only thing that would change camber is an accident or if you lowered your car.

Right.. that's what i have always though.. but i've also heared.. if you go anything bigger than a 16inch wheel youll run into camber issues.. blah blah.. im running a 205/40/17 kumho and it looks way legit and dead center. i just spent 1000$ on a 1400$ job.. so i aint trying to find out 1-2 weeks later when i go back in to get the tires checked up and re-torqued ect ect.. i didnt wanna find out hey i just blew 130$ a tire on camber issues i coulda solved.. but use the 2nd gen prelude control arms for when lowering since they are adjustable and apparently the solution around spending a good amount on accord adjustables.

DBMaster
02-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Actually, I have found that these cars can run slight negative camber even in OEM configuration. My original upper control arms yield about 1.5 degrees of negative camber on the front right. It caused the inside edge of that tire to wear more than the rest. I am on my third set of UCA's and there is a bit less negative camber now so the tires are holding up better. In the factory configuration camber is not adjustable. I did buy an Ingall's camber kit for the front right in the past, but it does not provide as strong a mounting to the body of the car and I ended up with a lot of noise, especially when shifting into reverse.

From what I have experienced and read I think the best option if you want adjustable camber is the Prelude control arm conversion.

vteckiller
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Actually, I have found that these cars can run slight negative camber even in OEM configuration. My original upper control arms yield about 1.5 degrees of negative camber on the front right. It caused the inside edge of that tire to wear more than the rest. I am on my third set of UCA's and there is a bit less negative camber now so the tires are holding up better. In the factory configuration camber is not adjustable. I did buy an Ingall's camber kit for the front right in the past, but it does not provide as strong a mounting to the body of the car and I ended up with a lot of noise, especially when shifting into reverse.

From what I have experienced and read I think the best option if you want adjustable camber is the Prelude control arm conversion.

Right, gotcha.. that's what i also read, i noticed with stock everything well.. 185/70/14s is what i had on there.. sitting on steelies. and i have wear on the inside of the tires on both sides as if the uca is pulling it too close to the body causeing the tire to angle.. and i get inner tire wear from it.. i was thinking about it actually and from the looks of it the 90-98 i believe accord has adjustable rears and the mounting set up looks identical i am going to get a pair and try them out.