PDA

View Full Version : Full EFI conversion necessary before B20A swap?

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Someone on here said that the only EFI components you need to support a swap are the gas tank, fuel pump, and fuel feed lines. I can't find the post now but the person said it was because the other EFI components are included with what you're swapping. So here's my question: do you have to have an up and running EFI Accord before you can put in another engine? And if not, is this still the case with the B20A since it is also an Accord engine? EFI conversion looks like a shitload of at least partially avoidable work, and I am one lazy son of a bitch...

RCracer
10-17-2002, 02:03 PM
I am putting a B20a into my car (within the next 3 weeks as soon as I finish building it) and it is goin to run on a carb.
I am not swapping to efi for a few reasons.
I dont have the time as its my daily driver.
I am not a fan of EFI as I was brought up old school with carbs.

It is going to run on a carb as I had it running on the stock carb before I pulled the engine out of the parts car. But I am going to get a weber as the the stock carb will strangulate the bugger.

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 03:36 PM
That's always a possibility I'll keep in mind... If I have the manifold and everything from EFI B20A, I can swap it in later if I want to do the full conversion. If I wasn't still having the phantom stutter problem, I would consider getting an LX-i and transplanting my custom interior and everything, and then selling this car. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have the budget for that because I don't know how much the problem it's having now is going to cost to fix... Isn't Carotman doing a B20A swap on an EFI converted car? Perhaps I'll PM him...

smufguy
10-20-2002, 09:19 PM
the only thing su have to do if u wanna convert it to a efi assuming u have the manifold and stuff. Is to get the cabin wiring harness and the engine bay wiring harness, ecu for the efi, fuel tank with a pump and the feedline. also the fuel filter and fittings. They are the only ones u need and it should not run u anymore than 200 bucks considering u buy em all seperate.

CARBurn
10-21-2002, 07:51 PM
I like what AERODECKUK is doing with his B20a swap, keeping his carburetor and running with that.

I remember a post by Moonscryer or Carotman, that the caburetor can still used with the B20a because the manifold bolts directly on. But to get the most out of the motor's you should use either a weber 32/36 or 38/38 to feed more air into it.

I like the idea of a B20a with a carburetor.

toastyghost
10-21-2002, 09:56 PM
It's a cool idea, just not the route I want to go. Someday when I'm a rock star I'm going to get another 3g and do an A20A or maybe B20A all-motor buildup. I just don't know as much about carbs and don't want to learn now that I've got my EFI buildup all planned out. Since I'm junking this car anyway, I'm probably just going to make my next 3g one that has EFI stock. It's comforting to know that the fuel system conversion for the swap won't be as difficult as carb->EFI A20A though. Thanks for the info!

toastyghost
10-21-2002, 09:57 PM
PS I'M GETTING A LOAN TO PUT A REBUILT MOTOR IN THE Z34!! ONLY THING INT HE WORLD I WOULD GIVE UP MY 3G FOR..

http://chaos.phpwebhosting.com/~wickedtempo/images/z34.jpg
that's it, growl like a v8 for the nice accord people sweetheart...:flash: