PDA

View Full Version : alternator/ electric issues

lexanbobby
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I have a 86 honda accord lxi... Soo a week ago came out of store n battery was dead n was told its the alternator. i replaced that n got a new battery which went bad next day. got another new battery n it started dying . ive had tests done at napa which said altrnatr. oreilly said its my car. autozone had said everything was fine n another oreilly said altrnatr. i replaced the altrnater again with one that was testd perfect before installing niw battery was going dead again today. alternator was sqealing pretty bad yesterday but now is quiet. also now tail lamps n dash lamps r out. all fuses n bulbs r good. a few months ago i had bad problems with some ground wires by passanger tire that were messed up not letting my car start but they were fixed. it also gives me lil static like shock when i touch it... soo any suggestions would b very helpful ive spent too much already tryin to fix it.

vteckiller
03-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I have a 86 honda accord lxi... Soo a week ago came out of store n battery was dead n was told its the alternator. i replaced that n got a new battery which went bad next day. got another new battery n it started dying . ive had tests done at napa which said altrnatr. oreilly said its my car. autozone had said everything was fine n another oreilly said altrnatr. i replaced the altrnater again with one that was testd perfect before installing niw battery was going dead again today. alternator was sqealing pretty bad yesterday but now is quiet. also now tail lamps n dash lamps r out. all fuses n bulbs r good. a few months ago i had bad problems with some ground wires by passanger tire that were messed up not letting my car start but they were fixed. it also gives me lil static like shock when i touch it... soo any suggestions would b very helpful ive spent too much already tryin to fix it.

It is triboelectric charging that builds up the electricity. You rubbing against the seat, shifting around in your coats, etc. It won't happen as often on a damp day, as the electricity doesn't build as much potential. The shock is when it discharges from the car (insulated to the ground) through you because you have now become the path of least resistance. and any car will give you a slight shock, sometimes worse than others depending. check ground wires, moisture in lines, make sure ground wires are getting SOLID contacts.