PDA

View Full Version : how to get car eady for winter?

Mantis88LX
10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
well once it starts getting real cold here im gonna park my car and keep it covered with a car cover. what should i do before i cover it that will keep it good. it will probably be covered till spring. i changed the oil, trans fluid, radiator fluid,
i guess want im really asking is what is the correct way to do this so that when u go and un cover your car it will crank up and not have any probelms from siting for a few months.

thanx

Neuspeed87lx
10-17-2002, 07:31 PM
put it on jackstands and wash it before you cover it

wazzupmang
10-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Well I live in Alaska and have had my car sitting for as long as 2 years before...... The only other thing you need to do before covering your car up for the winter is to fill up your gas tank....that way no condensation will freeze up your fuel lines or build up in your tank. Other than that , Depending on how cold it get's where you live and how long you let it sit..... Oh yeah!! make sure you disconnect your battery terminals ...that's it

you still may have to jump start your car in the spring to get it running .....cold kills batteries!! other than that your all good till spring

Trevis

shepherd79
10-18-2002, 04:34 AM
putt some fuel stabilizer inthe tank before you park, take out the battery.
some people say you have to putt on the jacks, but i think it is fine the way it is on the ground.
that is all you have to do.

Grant2k
10-18-2002, 08:43 AM
i was gonna suggest a fuel stabilizer too. Sta-bil is the best, and it's real good for your carb.

Neuspeed87lx
10-18-2002, 12:40 PM
put something under you windshield wipers too

Neuspeed007
10-19-2002, 09:35 PM
mantis you should buy a battery charger, and charge your battery everyonce and a while. Its bad to let it sit for a long time. unless you plan on using it every once and a while.

ACCORD EX
10-20-2002, 05:39 AM
clean all your fenders so rust wont' build up !

MIKE