PDA

View Full Version : Will a Repair Patch Panel for a 2DR fit a Hatch?

89HatchbackLxi
03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I need some help guys. I've been doing some body work on my accord the past couple weeks, but I ran into a rusted through hole (smallish, about the size of a quarter) above my passenger side rear wheel arch, also I have a bit more rusted area on the edge there down to the start of the rocker panel... I gotta get this fixed, but I don't wanna spend money on an entire new rear side panel, as I can't find one online that's any cheaper than $700. I'm not experienced with welding, but I have some buddies in a welding class, who told me they'd put in a new patch panel, if I could find one or make one. Since I've never worked with patch panels, I figured I probably shouldn't try to make one myself. So I looked online, and found a few websites that sell this http://www.fixmyrust.com/1986-1989-two-door-accord-/1986-1989-honda-accord-coupe-rear-wheel-arch-passenger-s-side--5142059R.html patch panel, however it only comes in 2DR and 4DR versions. I have a hatchback. I know the 4DR version wont fit for obvious reasons, but the 2DR panel looks VERY similar to the design of the hatchback's. Does anyone know if the 2DR panel would fit my Hatchback? And if not a perfect fit, would it be close enough to easily modify it to fit a hatch? Or is this area a total different size/shape on the 2DR than the Hatch?

gp02a0083
03-10-2012, 06:01 AM
to answer your question , yes the 2dr arches will work for the hatchback. I originally bought 2 of these back when i had my gold hatch, found out that i really didn't need them and sent them back. the only thing i have to say is make sure they ship things right. I got a drivers side 4 dr and a drivers side 2 dr when i ordered both drivers and passenger side arches

89HatchbackLxi
03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info, man! I went ahead and ordered one. I'm looking forward to getting this fixed up.