PDA

View Full Version : changed head gasket and water in oil

likewtf
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
i changed the head gasket and theres water in the oil the car has sat for a year before it sat the car ran fine i changed alot of shit like the oil pan plug and stuff when i tried to start the car again but when i changed the head gasket i didnt tourqe it right and there was water in the oil then i toruqed it to 49 as manual says then changed the oil and there is still water in the oil the timing is off but im not going change until i get the water out oil idk wtf wrong with it?

A18A
03-09-2012, 10:41 PM
how much water is in the oil some times when the car has been sitting for ages there can be a bit of moisture built up in the motor that makes the oil look creamy when you take off the oil cap do you see any oil in the radiator when you take off the cap how long have you been running it after you changed the oil also was the head in good condition before you put it back on?

likewtf
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I only ran the car for like 2 mins after i changed the oil the first time i couldnt really see in the rad and theres like pure water with a little oil in the dip stick

likewtf
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Also the car ran fine before it sat

Hauntd ca3
03-10-2012, 09:59 AM
also, when you changed the head gasket, did you have the head skimmed to make sure its flat and true.
if not, that can cause problems.
and running it for a few minutes wont burn off any condensation thats built up in the motor over the last wee while.
get the timing right and get it good and hot for a while. if you can, go for a drive on the highway for an hour or so

likewtf
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
The car never ran hot from the time i bought it so when i changed the gasket i didnt check if it was warped and i cleaned the head with a razor blade and carb cleaner. Tomoro im going to lossen the head bolts then re touqe them and change the fluieds and time the car if its still doing same stuff i was thinking bout using bar's head gasket repair idk if its a goodd idea though

likewtf
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I lossened the head bolts today then retouqed then changed the oil i didnt see water in the oil started the car it idled fine but was shotting oil out the value cover the gasket was folded in so i fixed that but oil got everywhere also the lifter is ticking i cant tell if the car is leaking anywhere but the car wont stay at idle i think thats somethin g to do with the throtte cable but i ran the car at like 1500 2000 rpms for a hr i couldnt tell if the smoke coming from the engine was it leaking or burning off the oil aalso it was dripping from the support beam i got a vid of the car idk if the timings off the car will run fine no smoke out tailpipe no overheating it does jump in gear tho.any help?