PDA

View Full Version : How many hoses does my Honda have?

mzchevelle
03-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a 1988 Accord LXi hatchback. There was engine coolant spraying in the engine compartment. I had suspected a failing water pump but it ended up being a heater hose. The mechanic told me that there are 20 hoses in my Honda. WTH? For real????

ghettogeddy
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
20 seems a bit high but there are a few for sure...

Bluntman
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Rhonda there are many small hoses that can fail on these with there age. Under the intake there are a few that can be tricky but are very wise to replace as preventative maintenance.http://www.bkhondaparts.com/find-parts/Honda/ACCORD/1988/3DR%20LXI/KA5MT/WATER%20PUMP%20%28PGM-FI%29

ecogabriel
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Rhonda there are many small hoses that can fail on these with there age. Under the intake there are a few that can be tricky but are very wise to replace as preventative maintenance.http://www.bkhondaparts.com/find-parts/Honda/ACCORD/1988/3DR%20LXI/KA5MT/WATER%20PUMP%20%28PGM-FI%29

x2

there are two small hoses under the intake manifold that attach to the large tube that goes to the water pump. Those are the bitchiest of all to replace, but it can be done. Cursing while doing it is optional but recommended.

Replace them all if possible. If one has gone already, others will follow.

DBMaster
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I replaced all of mine in 2009. I am too lazy right now to verify, but I believe that the count was nine. it WAS a PITA to replace them, but total time spent for me was two hours. I ordered them all from hondaautomotiveparts.com for about $55.

parkersnine
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
When the engine was rebuilt in my son's 88 accord we replaced all the hosea. It ran into a fair amount of change. There are several that are curved that the local parts store could not match so we resorted to the dealer . Best thing is to pull them off and try to march them up locally . The formed hoses to the intake and the heater have quite the curves. It is worth the time and money to do it right.

gp02a0083
03-15-2012, 05:36 AM
x2

there are two small hoses under the intake manifold that attach to the large tube that goes to the water pump. Those are the bitchiest of all to replace, but it can be done. Cursing while doing it is optional but recommended.

Replace them all if possible. If one has gone already, others will follow.

as far as i know with my 87 lxi it had 3 coolant hoses under the intake, my 89 only has two IIRC.