PDA

View Full Version : 2 89 LX-I's

obd0driver
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Will It about that time for me to let the cat out the bag. I may be new here but Ive been car shoping for some time and I pick up two of the members cars from here to start my own project.

the two members are

Ju_S12_Turbo
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77159

frantik
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77022

got big plans for one of them the other will be giving its life. lol

RAZR
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Cool what are your plans for the cars?

charliekuney
03-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Woah, your screen name is WAY too similar to obdriver. Not too bad for $3,000 or so.

HON-DUH
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Will It about that time for me to let the cat out the bag. I may be new here but Ive been car shoping for some time and I pick up two of the members cars from here to start my own project.

the two members are

Ju_S12_Turbo
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77159

frantik
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77022

got big plans for one of them the other will be giving its life. lol

Buy my car, it's a gem

ShyBoyCA6
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Buy my car, it's a gem

No one will buy that with the price you set it at lol

Tdurr
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM

Troof. And be nice to frantik's car. I love that thing.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Yea, don't you be making frantik's car give it's life... That would be unacceptable hahah. Nice purchases though.

Pico
03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Nice..Ive done alot of work on Frantik's car here in my garage and I think Ju_S12_Turbo was the one who bought my Pacesetter header..Glad to see them go to someone who loves these cars

Pico
03-19-2012, 07:04 PM

x2

obd0driver
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
The plan is to take all the goodies off the ju and put them on
Frank body and get it smoged ASAP. I also plan ok doing a obd1 swap I already have the ecu and ecu jumper. Frank had the lude upper arms with ball joints so I will to that. It will be getting rear disk from the black one and hid head lights. I'm up in the air about the cup holder cuz the black one has them but the sound system is nice.

obd0driver
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Pico are you the one that has the axles for the car cuz he said someone up that way had a set

obdriver6
03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Woah, your screen name is WAY too similar to obdriver.

Thats what I said but I'm the original ob! lol

They both look nice but if you plan on parting one, make sure its not frankit's.

Pico
03-20-2012, 05:04 AM
Pico are you the one that has the axles for the car cuz he said someone up that way had a set

Yup..sitting in my garage...come and get them

obd0driver
03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Yup..sitting in my garage...come and get them
I'll will have to do that. You down to help with the rear disk set up lol. Ill them off the black car. The bad part is the one of the wheel bearings is bad.

You have guy's noting to worry about. The paln is to keep Frantik's car and finish it plus some goddies heheheheh.:D lude arms, obd1 swap, exhaust 2.25 with a dual tip or oval muffler. I got legend front brakes calipers with black car so I may clean those up. A cam and spring's. maybe even a turbo way down the road(noting crazy something to put around 200whp).

but first thing's first getting it back on the road (smoged) and fixing the sunroof leak.

hit the link to see how bad the other one look's.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyDhh49

Pico
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I'll will have to do that. You down to help with the rear disk set up lol. Ill them off the black car. The bad part is the one of the wheel bearings is bad.

You have guy's noting to worry about. The paln is to keep Frantik's car and finish it plus some goddies heheheheh.:D lude arms, obd1 swap, exhaust 2.25 with a dual tip or oval muffler. I got legend front brakes calipers with black car so I may clean those up. A cam and spring's. maybe even a turbo way down the road(noting crazy something to put around 200whp).

but first thing's first getting it back on the road (smoged) and fixing the sunroof leak.

hit the link to see how bad the other one look's.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyDhh49
I'm down to help you out..just let me know

allhailmj23
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm excited to see the result of this project! Was contemplating to get Frantik's ride myself, but I'm happy both cars went to a good owner.

obd0driver
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
sweet after I get it smoged. sale my D15B vtec swap we'll tackle this thing head on. I would love noting more to put it back on the road maybe even keep them both and have one to beat on and one to look pretty. lol

HON-DUH
03-21-2012, 03:20 PM

It's what it's worth, I'm not exaggerating :/

My car looks/performs like it's barely 1 year old

charliekuney
03-21-2012, 04:22 PM
^ What worries me about your "mint" car is the crease over the left-rear wheel and the impact damage from the front license plate mount. Also, you have to realize that your car has done plenty of sitting which means there is an extent of wear on the suspension, and since your car is "bone stock" I'm guessing you haven't looked into replacing any of the bearings and what-not.

Just because YOU think your car is worth $9,000 doesn't mean someone else will. You're talking to the few people in the world that adore the third-generation Accord and know more about them than most of the world. Your car is worth what you can sell it for, and you honestly will never sell it to anyone for $9,000. You have a higher chance of getting more from someone on this forum who knows the true value of the car than from someone off Craigslist or eBay just looking for a nice classic, but you are still not going to get anything near your asking price. Face the facts, man. We're not trying to deface your car - we're just being honest with you.

/threadjack

ShyBoyCA6
03-21-2012, 10:07 PM
It's what it's worth, I'm not exaggerating :/

My car looks/performs like it's barely 1 year old

Ok look honestly, if i had 9k would i buy a 23yr old car or a 2005 or newer? i would choose a newer car for the price your asking not just me but probably some others will do the same. at best you will get 2.5 to 3k for it maybe more, 9k is to much even if it has low mileage and looks and preforms like a 1 year old car but in reality its 23 lol.

gyates93
03-22-2012, 03:28 AM
^ What worries me about your "mint" car is the crease over the left-rear wheel and the impact damage from the front license plate mount. Also, you have to realize that your car has done plenty of sitting which means there is an extent of wear on the suspension, and since your car is "bone stock" I'm guessing you haven't looked into replacing any of the bearings and what-not.

Just because YOU think your car is worth $9,000 doesn't mean someone else will. You're talking to the few people in the world that adore the third-generation Accord and know more about them than most of the world. Your car is worth what you can sell it for, and you honestly will never sell it to anyone for $9,000. You have a higher chance of getting more from someone on this forum who knows the true value of the car than from someone off Craigslist or eBay just looking for a nice classic, but you are still not going to get anything near your asking price. Face the facts, man. We're not trying to deface your car - we're just being honest with you.

/threadjack

X2

My '89 (As you may have seen in the pictures I posted earlier) is also completely mint, owned by an older lady, undercoated every year, etc. There is NO rust on this car and that is RARE in Canada. The interior still had some of the protective clear plastic on the panels that were on from the dealer. Still, I paid only $1500. If I had 9000 dollars.. It wouldn't be going towards an 89 Honda when I could get a newer car that still had warranty for that price. However, if I was forced to list mine.. I would probably list it for $9000, because I want to keep it. ;)

A18A
03-22-2012, 03:34 AM
9k could probably get you a s2000, just saying :D

HON-DUH
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM

/threadjack

Thanks for your opinion Charles, always good to hear from you.

But I disagree.

Yes, there is a small crease.

As for the impact? There is no impact, just scratched, I know because I've looked at it in person :)

And I couldn't help but laugh about the "wear on the suspension" because of "plenty of sitting" First of all, a little old lady was the first owner and when she sold in to the dealership, it had about 40,890 miles on it over a 22 year period and you're telling me a 100-120 pound 60 year old woman put wear on the suspension?

I weigh about 130 pounds, are you also telling me I put wear on the suspension? I know this for a fact (because I drive it), the suspension rides and performs like new, also my auto mech teacher last year drove it too and inspected it from the engine bay to the undercarriage, he's a Honda nut like all of us here, he has been in the auto industry/business his entire life.

No parts need replacing, we've checked -_-

And again, the car is indeed worth $9,000 I had an offer but the buyer didn't notice it was a manual, so yes, there are adults out there who will appreciate this car as it will bring back a sense of nostalgia

I'm also being honest with you that this car will eventually sell for my asking price

Ok look honestly, if i had 9k would i buy a 23yr old car or a 2005 or newer? i would choose a newer car for the price your asking not just me but probably some others will do the same. at best you will get 2.5 to 3k for it maybe more, 9k is to much even if it has low mileage and looks and preforms like a 1 year old car but in reality its 23 lol.

Key word, "if I had" that's your opinion

I can start to see this trend here that my car isn't appealing to this audience of members

I will continue to check back periodically on this forum hoping for a serious buyer

9k could probably get you a s2000, just saying :D

Why when you can have a minty 3gee? :D

gyates93
03-22-2012, 05:26 PM
If you can sell a 'bone stock' 23 year old Honda - a car that MANY people, myself included, would not pay over 2000 dollars for - for 9000 dollars:

1) Congratulations my friend, you have made a KILLING. Buy yourself something nice.

2) Consider selling cars as a career, because you could probably sell ice to an eskimo. (Figuartively speaking of course, no offense to any minority groups out there!)

My question: How much did you buy the car for? They tend to depreciate a little.. MSRP was around 15,500. The book value is what, around.. 3-5 thousand assuming truely excellent condition?

charliekuney
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for your opinion Charles, always good to hear from you.

:)

Yes, there is a small crease.

Yes, there is a small crease, indeed. Yet, that crease isn't just anywhere. It's on the body of the car, which means if someone wanted a true "mint" car it would require serious body work as opposed to just replacing a part such as a door or a fender.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7188/6842131514_94837c53c4_b.jpg

As for the impact? There is no impact, just scratched, I know because I've looked at it in person

Look at the lines around where your license plate frame would be. There are cracks in your bumper which means someone had to have hit something with the plate and mount installed to cause such damage. There's also the scuff as you mentioned, and two indentations (one on either side) on the black trim.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6842134112_156ea23dcf_b.jpg

And I couldn't help but laugh about the "wear on the suspension" because of "plenty of sitting" First of all, a little old lady was the first owner and when she sold in to the dealership, it had about 40,890 miles on it over a 22 year period and you're telling me a 100-120 pound 60 year old woman put wear on the suspension?

I weigh about 130 pounds, are you also telling me I put wear on the suspension? I know this for a fact (because I drive it), the suspension rides and performs like new, also my auto mech teacher last year drove it too and inspected it from the engine bay to the undercarriage, he's a Honda nut like all of us here, he has been in the auto industry/business his entire life.

Read a little slower, you misunderstood me. By her (however much she weighs, which is completely irrelevant) only driving 40,890 in 22 years means the car was only driven 1,800 miles per year which means the car itself sat quite a bit. Just take a look at your engine bay; it's "clean", but it's actually "been cleaned". If you look closely at the edges and places where you can't reach a hand and a rag, there's plenty of dirt from the car sitting for most of its life.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6842140504_4d6842006a_b.jpg

No parts need replacing, we've checked

So you completely disassembled the suspension and engine to look at the internals? Or you just showed off your car to a friend who said "it looked clean"?

And again, the car is indeed worth $9,000 I had an offer but the buyer didn't notice it was a manual, so yes, there are adults out there who will appreciate this car as it will bring back a sense of nostalgia

You're crazy in some ways, kiddo. But I truly wish you best of luck with the sale. Also, do post the information of whomever does buy the car so someone here can find them and beat some sense into them...

IBTL

Pico
03-22-2012, 05:43 PM
you guys have really filled up this members car thread with this..perhaps you should start a new thread and quit going off topic on someone else's thread

You're crazy in some ways, kiddo. But I truly wish you best of luck with the sale. Also, do post the information of whomever does buy the car so someone here can find them and beat some sense into them...

IBTL

Good One Charlie :cheers:

ShyBoyCA6
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
i see rust

89T
03-22-2012, 06:06 PM
x2

obd0driver
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol its kool you guys feel the same I do. I had and have the money why would i pay that's for the car when I got two car and in the end ill have to two sweet ride for half what he's asking?

If anything I should have paid 9k to frank for the parts he added and records he had. Sometimes even wise man folds a winning hand. Just sayin

Now back to the cars. I'm gonna try the clean the car up a bit this weekend as its been sitting for some time. What the best way to clean and degrease the wheels cuz there nasty.

charliekuney
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
What the best way to clean and degrease the wheels cuz there nasty.

I would start with a simple water/soap clean to get the big stuff off (maybe use a soap with degreaser), then to a harder scrub with something like Simple Green, then move to a polisher/sander.

HON-DUH
03-22-2012, 09:53 PM

Yes, there is a small crease, indeed. Yet, that crease isn't just anywhere. It's on the body of the car, which means if someone wanted a true "mint" car it would require serious body work as opposed to just replacing a part such as a door or a fender.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7188/6842131514_94837c53c4_b.jpg

No, we've checked

Look at the lines around where your license plate frame would be. There are cracks in your bumper which means someone had to have hit something with the plate and mount installed to cause such damage. There's also the scuff as you mentioned, and two indentations (one on either side) on the black trim.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6842134112_156ea23dcf_b.jpg

No cracks, nobody hit anything... :/

Read a little slower, you misunderstood me. By her (however much she weighs, which is completely irrelevant) only driving 40,890 in 22 years means the car was only driven 1,800 miles per year which means the car itself sat quite a bit. Just take a look at your engine bay; it's "clean", but it's actually "been cleaned". If you look closely at the edges and places where you can't reach a hand and a rag, there's plenty of dirt from the car sitting for most of its life.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6842140504_4d6842006a_b.jpg

Ok..? It's a bit dusty because I'm in college, what's your point?

So you completely disassembled the suspension and engine to look at the internals? Or you just showed off your car to a friend who said "it looked clean"?

I didn't, a Master Technician did.

What do you mean friend? I never said friend, I meant my teacher, who is a Honda nut...been in the car business/industry his whole life...owns a clean modded 3gee and a beast of a 93 Prelude -__-

Kiddo? I'm older than you Charles :)

And I knew I would get shit from members here, most of you have these cars for financial reasons, so of course money is an issue for the majority of you.

I will post it on Craigslist again and as a last resort eBay and I'll report back

Thanks!

yep

HON-DUH
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
If you can sell a 'bone stock' 23 year old Honda - a car that MANY people, myself included, would not pay over 2000 dollars for - for 9000 dollars:

1) Congratulations my friend, you have made a KILLING. Buy yourself something nice.

2) Consider selling cars as a career, because you could probably sell ice to an eskimo. (Figuartively speaking of course, no offense to any minority groups out there!)

My question: How much did you buy the car for? They tend to depreciate a little.. MSRP was around 15,500. The book value is what, around.. 3-5 thousand assuming truely excellent condition?

I bolded what's wrong.

Many people here, in this board maybe not, again, like I said in reply to Charles, most of the guys here have the cars due to their financial standing, but out in the real world, there are people who have the money and want the car, so that's the kind of adult I'm hoping will see this car

ShyBoyCA6
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I bolded what's wrong.

Many people here, in this board maybe not, again, like I said in reply to Charles, most of the guys here have the cars due to their financial standing, but out in the real world, there are people who have the money and DON'T want the car, so that's the kind of adult I'm hoping will see this car

Fixed

HON-DUH
03-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Fixed

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv3kymmsto1qfu4tho1_500.png

ShyBoyCA6
03-23-2012, 02:23 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv3kymmsto1qfu4tho1_500.png

if you assume that your highly mistaken.

ecogabriel
03-23-2012, 03:02 PM
you guys have really filled up this members car thread with this..perhaps you should start a new thread and quit going off topic on someone else's thread

x2.

I had to go to the first postings to see what the thread was about.... pretty hot exchanges by the way :sadwave:

lostforawhile
03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
thread cleanup on isle 5! http://www.cleaningsuppliesexposed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cleaning-supplies.jpg

Honda Man
03-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Dam you guys get pretty hot headed. Back to the cars though. That's pretty cool you got to buy both of these members cars and keep em alive. When I first saw frantiks car for sale I thought it was a joke but its in a good home now. You sound peetty serious with your plans so Im excited to see what you get done

obd0driver
03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
That's pretty cool you got to buy both of these members cars and keep em alive.

Yea I'm excited. But the black will lose its life at the end over this it's not really safe for the road. Theres no Interior, most of the drain plugs are missing, also it floods when it rain's (hole in the fire wall somewhere),theres some nasty crack in the floor(like it was ran up a curb), the left rear wheel hub is bad, theres a bad bushing in the rear so the car gets loses when taking turns at speed, cracked windshield, the hood is bent and missed up the head light, just to list some of the things.

so it must die.

Today I pull the hid's and JL door speaker off it. Dusted off my sub-woofers(2 10's or 1 12") now to find my amp lol. IT also is the owner of the disk breaks and hybrid tanny I need for frantiks car. I may pull the head to build it and part out the rest.

Honda Man
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Dam I didn't know that it was in that kind of condition. Sucks it has to die but at least its giving new life to another 3geeat least you can get some good parts sold to some of us :) and that's sounds like a nice sound system setup.

obdriver6
03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Sounds like some good plans and yeah, if you have some extra goodies you don't need post them here! :D

obd0driver
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
goodie pics
P28 chipped with hondata and locash racing OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Adapter (from my old ride), lude arms with new ball joints(thank to Frantiks), blown rear Bilsteins, Legend brake caliper and test pipe (from Ju_S12_Turbo)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7245/6851716952_2f6a6032d3.jpg

Pivot stepping gauge(from old car)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7039/6866528074_42e567023b.jpg

2 10's and my one 12" not sure what to use.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6032/7012639457_ee7cc2b8fa.jpg

Pico
03-24-2012, 07:13 PM
looking good

obd0driver
03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Clean the sun roof gutters out yesterday and boy was that fun I'm glad I have a parts car to try stuff out on first. Lets hope that stops the leak. Smog and dmv in the morning baby steps.

and if any sees a auto out there for dirty cheap(blown motor or HG) let me know I may want it for a dd. the black has a rebuild one in it and I see no reason to I cant keep it. More part to sale that way too.

Pico
03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Clean the sun roof gutters out yesterday and boy was that fun I'm glad I have a parts car to try stuff out on first. Lets hope that stops the leak. Smog and dmv in the morning baby steps.

and if any sees a auto out there for dirty cheap(blown motor or HG) let me know I may want it for a dd. the black has a rebuild one in it and I see no reason to I cant keep it. More part to sale that way too.

The guy who bought my 88 sedan..blew the h.gasket..I can call him tomorrow and see if he wants to sell it.

obd0driver
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
So in ture FML fashion as I getting the green car ready for cam the clutch starts going out. It slipping so bad. But I'm in luck the black one has a gud one still so im thinking about doing swap tranny and all seeing how the black has the hybrid. now the question is can i get in done with one day off work LOL

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-12-2012, 12:52 AM
those brake are off a 90s accord ( the one needed for the big brake swap I forgot the year) and the rear calipers are off a legend (bigger and can also do big brakes in the rear ). Sucks to see my old car get turned into a parts car, but hey whatda gonna do lol. Good luck with the swap!

obd0driver
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Just a update I have takin the tranny off and just line everything thing else on the black the clutch was shot. The springs fell right off the I took the pressure plate off. That's explains why it felt like it was unsprung. I also took the pacesetter header off and I'm not sure if I should sale it or keep it as I have a dc one already. I also pick up a B16 and B18 manifold from a homie for so D series I had laying around. Now to clean them up a bit. Does anyone know if one is better the the other. I will work on them both and sale the other one when I'm done.

obdriver6
08-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I would say that the B16 manifold is better since these engines lack high end power.

obd0driver
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Little update. I been hoarding parts all summer I just picked up a set of ls mesh (freebies). Now I'm one part away form putting the ITR barkes/rotors and the rear disc. Now all I need is upper ball joints for the lude arms. After that the clutch need some tlc. But that isn't gonna be to bad I have a hook up that can get a Centerforce I kit for $130. Then its being parked and covered for the winter.

obd0driver
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Just picked up some more freebies. :) got hands on a obd1 ecu jumperhttp://www.streetlightz.com/product.php?pid=45 550cc injectors and a t3 turbo. Now I just have to rewire the jumper hope its not a pain in the ass