PDA

View Full Version : timing belt jumped teeth/TDC?

l0l
03-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Well I've got a problem! My tensioner was making an odd noise upon acceleration so i figured the t-belt was too tight. My dumbass loosened it up too much and the t belt dam near fell off and jumped a few teeth...

No sweat so far, I have got everything off but for the life of me i can't find TDC on the crank so i have no way of lining up with the cam gear. All i see is a dot on the crank sprocket and no other marks.

I've got the cam gear at TDC but with out being able to check the crank position correctly i have no idea if im truly at TDC. Seems like both are way off now and not lining up correctly. I hate to bend valves or anything so if anyone can got me on the right track that would be great.

Like wtf lol...i can not find a mark for the crank on the block, crank pully, or lower t belt cover. All i see is the little circle on the sprocket.

kentwat
03-21-2012, 06:53 AM
The TDC mark is on the flywheel. Search for the service manual from Dr. Snooz its a good one.

ecogabriel
03-21-2012, 05:09 PM
x2. T mark on the flywheel. It may have skipped more than a few teeth.
you may need to turn the engine very slowly to get to the mark. ignition timing mark and TDC are separated by 15 -20 degrees depending on application.

l0l
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
got everything fixed up haha..after two days and A LOT of work she's running great! Thanks guys! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: