PDA

View Full Version : Strange Camber

vteckiller
03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
So in the rear i bought new upper control arms, and it seemed to have been a lil short causing inner tire ware, So i put some washer there and pushed it out bought 1/8th inch too far. and it seems to be still wearing the inner sides.. I get behind the car and noticed that the right side tires stick out further than the left side, strange as hell to me.. could perhaps when the car was sliding and slammed sideways into the curb and pushed the left side inward about a good inch? the front camber is under cambered and its wearing just fine.. crazy.. any idea's guys? sry for no pictures.

A18A
03-23-2012, 08:04 PM
you will probably find poor toe angle is more likely to cause tyre wear issues than a couple degrees of camber. check to make sure all other suspension arms aren't bent, replace them if they are (probably are if you went slideways into a curb), install upper control arms without the washers and get a wheel alignment.

Oldblueaccord
03-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Since you have new UCA I agree I bet your toe is out a lot in the rear. I have the adjustable arms and I cambered them in all the way I could like a BMW / \ with Falken Azenis and I didn't get any noticeable wear.

wp

vteckiller
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Since you have new UCA I agree I bet your toe is out a lot in the rear. I have the adjustable arms and I cambered them in all the way I could like a BMW / \ with Falken Azenis and I didn't get any noticeable wear.

wp

Right right.. well wouldn't the wear be even not just on like the first 3 inchs of the inner tire.. its confusing cause i thought the same thing.. you can have camber be a little off, and its toe/caster that eats your tires like a belt sander. and it looks as if the rear right side tire is pushed out a good 1 inch more than the rear left side. the rear left side hit the curb, i replaced the Hub assembly and that was forsure shot. that was my previous wobble sound/feel. the car drives pretty straight down the road.. the car pulls to the right as it needs alignment. the front tires ain't even nearly close to the rears. also when i got the car it was highly trashed and abused, the car might not be salvagable. i put over 2300$ just in parts for the car, engine/suspension/rims/tiresect ect.. 50+ hrs of work. and its one thing after another. this car might be done.