PDA

View Full Version : H22 swap with extended shifter

Honda Man
03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
its a waste of a thread i know but its bothering me. There is member on here that swaped a H22 into a sedan that blew like 2 days later and had a long ass shifter. I keep searching but cant find the thread. I wanted to ask him how he did it or if anybody knows how to make a custom one about a foot long for cheap. thanks for any help.

p.s. if your going to say, Oh thats stupid dont do it and crap like that I DONT CARE

AccordEpicenter
03-24-2012, 05:35 PM
what its the point?

A18A
03-24-2012, 05:42 PM
h22s have a cable shifter, much different to the rod shifter in these cars. it's simple though, you just weld a longer rod onto the current shifter, and if you dont like how far you will be moving the shifter just to change gears, you extend the rod below the ball part of the shifter. and when you extend the bottom part, it will hit your exhaust heat shield.

a engine that blows cause of the shifter is about as relative as your clutch slipping cause you haven't put gas in your car

Honda Man
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Crap I think I worded myself wrong. I want to know how to extend the shifter rod that the shift knob screws onto. So the shifter is still my stock one, I just add something ontop of the rod to be longer. Sorry for the confusion.

And as far as the H22 I was just saying that a member that swaped an H22 in his car and blew a few days later. He also had a really long shifter rod. I just didn't know his name or the thread name.

And the point is to look crazy, the same reason why I'm putting boso pipes on my car, for the LOL factor

ShyBoyCA6
03-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Tommy has a H22 and its a sedan but didnt blow his engine. The one your talkingg about it the B16 and its a coupe not a sedan.

lostforawhile
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't have an H22 swap but I do have the long ass shifter, It's not a simple project. I made my shifter longer because of the way my arm is when I'm driving, http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73680

Honda Man
03-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks Lost that helped me get an idea of what I have to do.

Shyboy your right I wasn't exactly sure about it but yea its the B16. I wanted to ask him about that dam shifter.

Thanks for the help guys

Vanilla Sky
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Why not weld an extension to your stock shifter? Hell, I could do that in about an hour.

Honda Man
03-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Because I don't have a welder :( I was thinking of some kind of rod I could modify that would screw onto the shifter so if I don't like it I can take it off

Honda Man
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
ok i found something on hondatech thats looks like what i want. if you guys want it i could make a HOW TO of how I do to my hatch for the site. just let me know. the width of our shifter is 3/4 right? correct me if im wrong

heres the link.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2210894