PDA

View Full Version : RHD windshield wiper setup on LHD car

charliekuney
03-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows how difficult it would be (or if it's even possible) to install RHD wipers (I'm guessing the whole mechanism will have to be replaced) on a LHD car.

Idea coming from a LHD W140 MB S-Class.

HON-DUH
03-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Wrong forum

charliekuney
03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
no

charliekuney
03-27-2012, 03:23 PM
This isn't a newb intro, site feedback, AOM, FAQ/how-to, my car isn't a Prelude, 1G, or 2G, this isn't technical (troubleshooting), performance, racing, suspension/wheels/tires/brakes, a project, pictures or videos, audio or security, general Honda talk, off topic shit, a meet or location, and especially not something for sale or wanted.

It's in the appearance section because I am attempting to obtain information to alter the appearance of my 3G Accord.

Now tell me: How is this the wrong forum?

obd0driver
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
:bandance: this guy

mykwikcoupe
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
You cant ban Charlie, he just insists on pointing out others flaws because he is one of those 'attention to detail' people.

To answer your question, I would assume the linkage points changed from LHD to RHD as the pivot point would be in the middle of the drivers view.

2drSE-i
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm sure there's mounting points for both orientations built into the car. I doubt it would be that difficult, other than having to relocate the black box of doom to accommodate the wiper motor

2drSE-i
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh, and you'd lose visibility driving in the rain. Sit on the passenger's side during the rain some time

charliekuney
03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
:bandance: this guy

I hope you're not talking to me because that won't happen [again]. :) I'm sorry that HON-DUH is just butthurt because myself and everyone else knows that his car isn't worth what he's asking for and I was the only one to take the time to prove why.

You cant ban Charlie, he just insists on pointing out others flaws because he is one of those 'attention to detail' people.

To answer your question, I would assume the linkage points changed from LHD to RHD as the pivot point would be in the middle of the drivers view.

This. I was staring into my engine bay for a while and noticed how most of the car is LHD-and RHD-ready, obviously for Honda to keep costs down. You think it could be a bolt-on project?

I'm sure there's mounting points for both orientations built into the car. I doubt it would be that difficult, other than having to relocate the black box of doom to accommodate the wiper motor

Oh, and you'd lose visibility driving in the rain. Sit on the passenger's side during the rain some time

I'll have to look again. I've already considered the visibility issue, but I honestly don't think it will be that much of a problem. I didn't realize what Mike said about the pivot point being right in the middle of my view, though. I wish I had a RHD car to compare in person.

This is just a random thought that came to my mind. I like the look of the W140 having "backwards" wipers and was wondering if it would be easy to do with parts from a RHD Accord.

ShyBoyCA6
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
probably be a pain. you would need to make a new hole in the fire wall and do the reverse to make it work. could be done if you didn't have that black box, or you can delete it if ya want. Out of curiosity, where do you plan on getting the parts to do this wiper set up?

charliekuney
03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Out of curiosity, where do you plan on getting the parts to do this wiper set up?

I was hoping to get a hold of a member from a country of RHD cars and see what they could do.

obd0driver
03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
I hope you're not talking to me because that won't happen [again]. :) I'm sorry that HON-DUH is just butthurt because myself and everyone else knows that his car isn't worth what he's asking for and I was the only one to take the time to prove why.

I was talking about Duh. I'm Not sure he thinks b4 posting.