PDA

View Full Version : ECU Codes?

Christofur
03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
ok so i looked at my ECU some time ago and noticed some red lights on. Pic

High res img so made it a link
http://christofurmay.com/IMG/3geez/20120327_092928.jpg

i was reading that code one means 02 sensor so i changed it and im still getting the same codes.

anyone know what code 2 means? i only have one o2 sensor.

also when my car is cold it runs perfect. but once it gets to operating temp its stuffs to miss fire a lot and lacks power?

i have tried resetting my ECU but codes come up right away.

and help would be great. ty

charliefowle03
03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
hmm, curios what year is your accord? where is the ecu at?

huntz0r
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Those aren't three error codes in the pic, it's a "1-2-8" error code. Page 11-53 of the '85 FSM lists what each combination means. (The "1" lit up alone is indeed an O2 sensor problem, but that's not your code.) For 1-2-8 it says:

Possible cause:
-Disconnected idle mixture adjuster sensor coupler
-Shorted or disconnected idle mixture adjuster sensor wire
-Faulty idle mixture adjuster sensor

Symptom:
-No particular symptom shown
-High idle speed

It may be your symptoms are another problem on top of this, but it's a place to start. Are there any other code combinations?

Christofur
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
hmm, curios what year is your accord? where is the ecu at?

I have an 85 SEI its under the drivers seat.

Those aren't three error codes in the pic, it's a "1-2-8" error code. Page 11-53 of the '85 FSM lists what each combination means. (The "1" lit up alone is indeed an O2 sensor problem, but that's not your code.) For 1-2-8 it says:

Possible cause:
-Disconnected idle mixture adjuster sensor coupler
-Shorted or disconnected idle mixture adjuster sensor wire
-Faulty idle mixture adjuster sensor

Symptom:
-No particular symptom shown
-High idle speed

It may be your symptoms are another problem on top of this, but it's a place to start. Are there any other code combinations?

well i don't have a high idle. but where is this idle mixture sensor located?

another thing is. i am running my SEi ECU with an a20 swap. idk if that makes a difference

A18A
03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
I would install a a20 ecu & hope it shuts up. iirc my 4g accord had a IMA sensor, it was just a little potentiometer (i think) mounted near the ecu. that you could adjust with a screw driver

ShyBoyCA6
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
The A20 requires 2 O2 sensors to work properly. Even though you did the swap im guessing you used the A20 stock ecu and harness? If so then you need 2. if led light is on and doesnt blinks then ecu is bad. Other thing is that its grounding itself somewhere.
also green is left and white is right.

Christofur
03-31-2012, 08:30 AM
2 O2 sensors?

wheres the second one located? there is only one on my header.

ShyBoyCA6
03-31-2012, 05:45 PM
2 O2 sensors?

wheres the second one located? there is only one on my header.

Right next to it. Is it FI or Carb?

Christofur
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Its FI and theres only one o2 Sensor.

the engine was out of an 86 lude. maybe they only ran one o2.

2ndGenGuy
03-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Christofur, your car is only going to have 1 O2 sensor. Your ecu only requires 1, so it doesn't matter what engine you have. The A20 would only need two if your ECU required two of them hence A20 ECU. The A20 used the two sensors up in the header or downpipe.

Christofur
04-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks John im crossing that off my list.

now this IMA sensor looks like it was in the number 1 black box which i removed last summer. and i believe its in storage now. so on my weekend ill go to the junkyard and pick one up.