PDA

View Full Version : Hood Release Cable Repair

hondaaccorddrew
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
So a few months ago, the hood release cable snapped. Inspections are in July and holding the hood down with a bungie cord isn't considered 'safe'. I got an ultimate steal on Ebay, a cable someone bought years ago genuine from Honda and never used that fits the cars between 86 and 89. When it broke, I got mad and ripped the cable out from where it feeds through the fender and what-not. What do I have to take apart to feed the new one back in? Thanks very much for the help, this site is AWESOME and helpful.

Dr_Snooz
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
This has to be one of the few repairs I haven't done on these cars. I think those cables go straight through the front firewall, so it shouldn't be very hard to do. It's possible that they go through the front fender and if so, then just pull out the plastic fender liners. It will give you great access to everything.

hondaaccorddrew
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
This has to be one of the few repairs I haven't done on these cars. I think those cables go straight through the front firewall, so it shouldn't be very hard to do. It's possible that they go through the front fender and if so, then just pull out the plastic fender liners. It will give you great access to everything.

Plastic fender liners? And yea it goes right into the drivers fender. Should I just re-rout it drill new hole, etc? I would prefer to get to the original routing, but if it is difficult I'll make a new hole. I don't have to take the fender off is what you're saying?