PDA

View Full Version : 89 accord please help!!!!!

mec.mueka
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
hi im new here...i would like to fix me problem...dont know whats wrong....my alt went bad i was the regultor change it 2 times...but if i go over 4 rpm all the ligth gets brighter... whats wrong?????? and it doesnt have the ecu.....could that be the problem???

hondaaccorddrew
04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Define "ECU." Is this car carbed or fuel injected? If it's carbed, it has no ECU, just a controller under the seat and a controller under the dash. If it is fuel injected, the car would not run without the ECU, which is under the seat. Sounds like you have quite an issue otherwise. Try plugging in what you have removed, such as the controllers, and have the actual alternator tested at an auto shop. They can test the stator and regulator, etc.

POS carb
04-08-2012, 05:18 AM
you need to hook up a volt meter and accelerate the motor. If the voltage exceeds 14.5 volts at any rpm your alternator needs a new regulator.
The faster an alternator spins, the more voltage it wants to produce, that is why it has a regulator. Sometimes the regulator fails and does not reduce it properly allowing it to go way beyond 15 volts, i've seen them hit 20 volts. Interior lights that get brighter as rpm increases over 4000 rpm either means you have no charge at low speed (bad alternator) or no voltage regulation (good alternator, bad regulator).
This need to get fixed before you destroy your electronics.