PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of my first Honda

rodan32
04-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, I had a Honda bike I loved, but this is my first Honda car. I needed a commuter and I stumbled on a really clean 1988 Accord LXi hatchback on Craigslist. Something about it just seemed so cool; I guess I just like the look.

Anyway, I went to drive it, and everything works. EVERYTHING. It's so clean! Even the pistons on the hatch work great. I've done a little adjusting on it. I put a new stereo in today, which seemed like sacrilege since the factory deck and EQ were working perfectly (I stored the original in case I want it someday).

I'm astonished at how quick the thing is. Granted, I haven't had a quick car for a while, but I was really pleased, especially considering the 248,000 miles. . .

So I love this car, and I've found the forums very helpful so far. I'll need to do the clutch cable soon (it's adjusted to the limit) and I have a REALLY twitchy throttle that I want to calm down a bit, but it's a fun car to work on.

Anyway, thanks already for the great posts. I'm really looking forward to owning this thing. Here's hoping for 500,000 miles!

Pico
04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum
Make sure you do your timing belt

bryan6732
04-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Welcome from The Netherlands!! :)

obdriver6
04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome to 3geez! Don't forget to post pics when you get 5 posts.