PDA

View Full Version : Car cutting out/Leaning out under accel.

mushroom_toy
04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Well about to put the accord into full track mode, and make it my non-daily, but before I do Im driving it back and forth while 2 or my other vehicles are being worked on.

Its driving like absolute crap! It doesnt happen 100% of the time, but about 80-90% of the time while accelerating the car will hesistate and according to my wideband go full lean on me. I can floor it and eventually it will pick up around 3500-4k rpm for the most part and take off like a rocket. Then change gear and start over with the problem. You cab push in the clutch and flip the ignition on an off quickly and then it will not hesistate for a few seconds then will start doing it again, so I was thinking it may be electrical or ecu/sensor related.

Things I have done:
Set timing - dead on
Swapped to known good coil
New plug wires and plugs
Swapped to known good fuel pump
New fuel filter
New dizzy cap and rotor button
Checked injector spray

I did notice that the wires to my ect are brittle so I will have to get new plugs at the jy or spade connect them soon. Dont really know what to do the hesitation is killing me and the gas mileage i too.

cygnus x-1
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Does it seem to be worse if you hit the throttle hard as opposed to easing it on more slowly? If so then perhaps there is an issue with the throttle position sensor.

C|

Buzo
04-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Also remember to check the MAP sensor and its vacuum connection. According to the Manual its the hose #21.

mushroom_toy
04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
^ No black box. :) checked Map today and Tps ohm test was fine. Looks like im stuck haha. I am throwing a code 12, but I have not had an egr for years, and this has only started happening in the last few months. I guess im gonna pick up a jy egr and ploug it up in the bay and let it hangand see if that helps.

Tdurr
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Hope u figure this out soon man!

cygnus x-1
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Hmm. Fuel pressure regulator maybe?

C|

2oodoor
04-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Do you smell fuel?

Any way you can get your hands on a graphing meter or scan tool to look at whats happening to rule out or isolate electronic management issues?

mushroom_toy
04-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Dont really smell any fuel, could be the fpr, but Im guessing the problem isnt in the fuel system now. Im thinking its the stupid egr..ill have to let yall know as soon as i get one to thro in the bay.

ShyBoyCA6
04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
are you using one O2 sensor,2, or a 4 wire set up? why not delete the EGR code?

mushroom_toy
04-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Single 4 wire wideband with loopback closedband to ecu. And delete it how lol. you can reset the ecu many times, then the code pops right back up. The egr has been gone for years.