PDA

View Full Version : new to forum - 1G accord door silencers (where to buy them??)

jonbroomhall
04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi all. I have never posted on forums until today... so please excuse me if I'm going the wrong way about it....
just bought a car from my childhood memories... its a little worse for wear but is roadworthy. I already looked through all the old threads on here but kept hitting dead ends so; where can I buy plastic door silencers for my accord or are there any modification tips (home made inserts)?
please help :) anyone from around the world :P
there will be other items later... i even contemplated an engine/running gear swap but decided (after inspection of engine bay and reading forums) that it will be too big a job...for now...

short term shopping list: door silencers, door trim end caps, fuel filter, fuel pump, idle controller, radiator.

long term shopping list: stiffer suspension set up, rear arch kit (both sides), stiffer replacement bushes, strut brace (preferably without having to drill extra holes) brake calipers, new or re-cond.
so thats just the start
thanks for reading... any help greatly appreciated

2ndGenGuy
04-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Oh hai.

I think the only place I've seen those silencers is on eBay. They're usually all over there for some reason. Yeah, you're gonna have to do a lot of calling around and looking for parts. Maybe even rockauto.com, they seem to have a decent selection of parts for these cars, and they do have a discount (not sure if it's expired already or not) for us.

:welcome: and post some PICS when you get a chance!