PDA

View Full Version : AC hose

89GhostLxi
04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I went to shop to have my AC checked out because it suddenly went cold to hot. When they told me what was wrong and it was a hose that burst due to dry rubber in arizonas heat. My question is it the suction hose or the discharge hose? The only discription they gave me was " high side hose from compressor to condense has burst." they wants charge me 260$ for the part alone and another 200$ for labor and recharge. I found the part at oriellys and if it's the auction hose it's 100$. If its the discharge hose it's 65-95$. Any info would be a great help. Also it's a denso compressor retrofitted for r-134.

Thanks!

DBMaster
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
It's a "discharge" hose. Those are generally smaller diameter and will not have any insulating wrap around them. I guess they would cost a little more because they handle higher pressure, but you might want to look for an A/C specialty shop. You could either buy bulk hose and some barbed fittings, or get the hose custom made.

At the age of our cars it really doesn't matter so much about the "dry heat." Rubber parts just wear out.

89GhostLxi
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
It's a "discharge" hose. Those are generally smaller diameter and will not have any insulating wrap around them. I guess they would cost a little more because they handle higher pressure, but you might want to look for an A/C specialty shop. You could either buy bulk hose and some barbed fittings, or get the hose custom made.

At the age of our cars it really doesn't matter so much about the "dry heat." Rubber parts just wear out.

Ok thanks for the info! It makes since with the age as well, thanks again!

Dr_Snooz
04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
I would look for the hose with oil all over it. That will be the leaky one.

ShyBoyCA6
04-19-2012, 08:13 PM
im getting rid of my AC stuff so if ya need them let me know.