PDA

View Full Version : SEi Rear wheel hub, same as the LXi?

Legend_master
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM
So I am trying to order rear wheel bearings for the Hatch. Can't seem to find them for the SE-i specific. Trying to determine if the drum hubs will bolt onto the SE-i rear setup. Has anybody tried this? Or has anybody ordered rear bearings for an SE-i, and where did you get them?

Legend_master
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Actually just checked the honda catalog, and it looks like they are the same part.

LX-i (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=3DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=REAR+KNUCKLE+-+BRAKE+DRUM)

SE-i (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+SEI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=REAR+KNUCKLE+-+BRAKE+DISK)

Dr_Snooz
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Dang. Good to know. I should have saved the hubs on my drums. I could have sworn they were different.

gp02a0083
04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
i would think the bearings would be the same for both, the actual hub may be different on the wheel side. The only other thing i can think of that would be different would be the mounting points for the drum vs disc setup

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
If memory serves, the hub and bearing come as an assembly.The whole assembly bolts onto the knuckle with a few bolts.

AZmike
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
The rear bearing/hub assembly is held on by one 32 mm nut--just like the front axles.

Legend_master
04-25-2012, 07:41 AM
The rear bearing/hub assembly is held on by one 32 mm nut--just like the front axles.

That was my understanding as well, I was waiting for the bearings to come in so I could verify.

Dr_Snooz
04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I must have been remembering another car I worked on. FWIW, whatever I did, it was really easy.

SQ is the SQUAD
04-21-2013, 05:55 AM
the main difference would me the bolt holes for the rotor mounting screws. drum brake hubs wont have them. i ordered mine from rock auto. i cross referenced part numbers with advance. apparently we use the same rear hub ad the 93 intregra. however i put my new hubs on spare sei knuckles and after i tourqued them down i can grab the rotor and wiggle the bearing. i dont remember if the sei has a washer in bethween the knuckle and the bearing. looking at my drum knuckle it does have an extra little lip that the sei dosent have.

88Sleeper
05-09-2013, 09:35 AM
So does that mean we can get an lx-i control arm, and order aftermarket hub/bearing assemblies for an se-i, and then build the rear disk setup from that? Or is the lip/lack of a washer an issue?