PDA

View Full Version : soo why cant we even talk about streetracing

AccordEpicenter
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I was bored and had some kills recently in the TL.. Why cant it even be mentioned? I know most people on here would rather talk about how to flip a lid on an 86dx or argue if a 2.5" catback exhaust is too big for their cars or wonder how much h22 swaps cost... but lets get real. I know at least some of you guys get some street action going... even if its not in the 3g.

ShyBoyCA6
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM
why not ask Vallina sky.

i know there are people on here that have their stories they wanna share on street racing 3g or not.

ghettogeddy
04-27-2012, 12:04 AM
re word it and make it sound like it was at a strip lol
post it in the Sanctioned Racing section
http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

87accordlxi
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
The Racing Stories forum got folded into OT, largely because there wasn't much going on in there, and what was being discussed usually didn't even involve 1/2/3Gs. The board doesn't have an official stance on street racing, other than we'd prefer people do their racing in officially sanctioned events - hence the Sanctioned Racing forum. But we've never had a policy saying that street racing discussion is not allowed.

If you must share a street racing story, OT is fine.

2ndGenGuy
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
:thumbup:

2oodoor
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
...bring on that TL, I saw one in my rearview just the other day , it got tiny lolz

gp02a0083
04-27-2012, 10:24 AM
i used to be involved with a group about 9-10 years ago, used to run on rt-195 form Allentown to Belmar in NJ. I stopped when a rich kid came around ( just after the 1st fast and the furious came out) with an eclipse and 2 huge NOS tanks. He ended up flipping the car that night because he could not handle the car, since then i try to keep it on the track.

Tdurr
04-27-2012, 07:49 PM
There was alot of crap that happened with people of the older members ridiculing some of those posting kill stories in almost all sections of the forums. Hell i had a thread about a kill turn 5pages in a week and i only made like 5 post in it.

So i guess its something that others need to not click on honestly. We all have done it, you can be smart about it, and shit does happen when ever ur being the safest person ever.

DBMaster
04-28-2012, 06:38 AM
As one of the "older" people (46) on the board I never cared one way or the other. You do see a number of news stories about street racing mishaps, but you also see stories about drunk drivers and garden variety morons. So, to each his own and no matter what you do try not to kill yourself or anyone else.

Tdurr
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I ment older as in join dates on 3geez. Lol

Dr_Snooz
04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
What with new NSA data centers and FBI bots mining the internet, I'd say be careful what illegal activity you confess to in a public forum.

lostforawhile
04-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I think those us us older don't like it discussed primarily because it's stupid and you are endangering other peoples lives who have nothing to do with the race, it's really cool to lose control of your car and wipe out a van full of kids. If you want to really prove something take it to the track under controlled conditions and prove you can win. Thats the only legitimate win in my book,also the more people get involved in street racing, the more the cops crack down on Hondas in general, they already hassle everyone enough as it is.

lostforawhile
04-28-2012, 08:39 PM
I remember when the 2nd fast and furious movie came out, I was coming home from a second job or something, just minding my own business, I get pulled over by three cop cars,the front one swerved in front of me and cut me off, dragged out of the car at gun point, thrown on the ground, and my car searched, why? some stupid kids were street racing a few blocks over, and one of them ran into a store, the one that took off was a white honda, no type of honda,just a white honda, This is how much the cops hate those of us who drive them, to them we are all " ricer idiots" I wasn't even given an apology, they searched my car and told me if I had any nitrous they would confiscate it permanently. why would you want to give them more reason to hate all of us?

AccordEpicenter
04-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Not to let this thread get into a debate about if street racing is stupid or dangerous etc... any time ive done any real street racing was away from populated areas (ie...not in the middle of town etc) and not in traffic etc. Ive gone from a dig at stoplights etc a few times but I really try to avoid this, because cops can easily see this go down... What I prefer to do is go out on the interstate in no traffic at all and do roll ons from like 20-100 etc... have either car honk 3 times... on the 3rd honk GO! Heres what I dont care for: I came across a kid today in a crappy 98-99 civic green 4dr sedan with a CAI and maybe a muffler... slow as balls. This kid got like 10ft off my bumper tailing me because he wanted to race... this is on a 2 lane city street (30mph speed limit) there is nooo wayy Id ever race anybody in this kind of situation. Wayyy too dangerous and stupid for sure, esp for a civic kill. Soo anyway, that kid punched it and got right next to me in the other lane, got right even with me, and then punched it again trying to race me... That kinda crap is retarded.

lostforawhile
04-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Not to let this thread get into a debate about if street racing is stupid or dangerous etc... any time ive done any real street racing was away from populated areas (ie...not in the middle of town etc) and not in traffic etc. Ive gone from a dig at stoplights etc a few times but I really try to avoid this, because cops can easily see this go down... What I prefer to do is go out on the interstate in no traffic at all and do roll ons from like 20-100 etc... have either car honk 3 times... on the 3rd honk GO! Heres what I dont care for: I came across a kid today in a crappy 98-99 civic green 4dr sedan with a CAI and maybe a muffler... slow as balls. This kid got like 10ft off my bumper tailing me because he wanted to race... this is on a 2 lane city street (30mph speed limit) there is nooo wayy Id ever race anybody in this kind of situation. Wayyy too dangerous and stupid for sure, esp for a civic kill. Soo anyway, that kid punched it and got right next to me in the other lane, got right even with me, and then punched it again trying to race me... That kinda crap is retarded.I think most of the members here have a little more maturity then on some other sites , thats another reason it doesn't get posted as much

DBMaster
04-29-2012, 06:29 AM
I ment older as in join dates on 3geez. Lol

I think I have that, too - Nov 2000.

DBMaster
04-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Geez, Lost, what a story. Since the vast majority of Honda drivers these days are dads, moms, and geezers in bloated Accords, Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridglines I am not sure why cops would make those assumptions. I guess it's just OLD Hondas.

lostforawhile
04-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Geez, Lost, what a story. Since the vast majority of Honda drivers these days are dads, moms, and geezers in bloated Accords, Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridglines I am not sure why cops would make those assumptions. I guess it's just OLD Hondas.

well this was after the second movie came out and it might be old Hondas but they are assholes around here anyway. I was stopped multiple times for basically nothing, just BS excuses as to why, I had considered suing but never got to that point. They didn't even really pay attention until the movie came out, then every young kid in town thought they were a bad ass if they drove a Honda and the cops started hassling everyone

gfrg88
04-29-2012, 08:09 AM
I go to street racing Fridays and Sundays. Don't really race too much anyomore on the streets, but still enjoy watching.. And no, it's not in city streets through rush hour..

DBMaster
04-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Can't fight the system. Gotta beat the system. Make your car as quiet as possible. Keep the exterior low-key. Think about it.

Is it really that important to you to "beat" someone in this way? I'm sure you'll be richly rewarded for your efforts with money, fame, and happiness.

Dr_Snooz
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I remember when the 2nd fast and furious movie came out, I was coming home from a second job or something, just minding my own business, I get pulled over by three cop cars,the front one swerved in front of me and cut me off, dragged out of the car at gun point, thrown on the ground, and my car searched, why? some stupid kids were street racing a few blocks over, and one of them ran into a store, the one that took off was a white honda, no type of honda,just a white honda, This is how much the cops hate those of us who drive them, to them we are all " ricer idiots" I wasn't even given an apology, they searched my car and told me if I had any nitrous they would confiscate it permanently. why would you want to give them more reason to hate all of us?

Please tell me you filed a suit against them for this obvious harassment.

Vanilla Sky
04-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Even though I came in here late, I figured I'd give an answer.

As has already been discussed, we had people posting "kills" all over the site. For a while, we didn't allow street racing discussions, because it always devolved into the same fighting. Since this forum has grown up quite a bit, we have lightened way up on it. For the most part, this place self polices pretty well.

With that being said, the only forum that does not allow street racing is the Sanctioned Racing forum. The reason we don't allow street racing discussion in there is the same reason other real racing forums forbid it. Those forums exist to talk about strategy, classing, modifications, and rules associated with sanctioned racing, such as NASA, SCCA, PCA, and BMWCCA. Even though the last two are brand clubs, they often hold events that allow other makes to participate.

So in the end, as long as we don't end up with the bashing and bitching we had in the old Racing Stories forum, we don't mind if you guys post your street racing stories in the OT section of the site.

ChaseR
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
my cars are slow

89T
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
we know.

dam texans. lol

2ndGenGuy
04-30-2012, 09:00 AM
This kid got like 10ft off my bumper tailing me because he wanted to race... this is on a 2 lane city street (30mph speed limit) there is nooo wayy Id ever race anybody in this kind of situation. Wayyy too dangerous and stupid for sure, esp for a civic kill. Soo anyway, that kid punched it and got right next to me in the other lane, got right even with me, and then punched it again trying to race me... That kinda crap is retarded.

Man, I fucking HATE that. Not sure what the tailgating is supposed to prove. I don't mind a little chase through some twisties on a nice day, but riding 3 inches off my bumper only proves that you're an idiot not leaving any room for any error, and I will not play with you.

DBMaster
04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
I am starting to believe, truly, that it is becoming sociologically impossible for people to be "good" drivers. Everything else in our lives focuses on becoming faster and more efficient. Compare almost anything else now to what it was like twenty years ago. One of the things that is different is driving. More cars, more congestion. Everything out there causes it to take LONGER to do anything in a car. We are all naturally frustrated. Skill levels and automobile quality and condition vary so widely I am going to say that we are well past the point at which this form of transportation is going to serve us well. It's just that it is so ingrained in our culture and economy we can't think outside the box anymore.

And, I am not saying that mass transit is the answer, either. It could just be that the post WWII model of suburban living is obsolete as well. We're headed for a huge reckoning at some point, though, it may not be in our lifetimes.

If someone has something positive they can offer me to break through this funk I will welcome it!

2oodoor
04-30-2012, 10:24 AM
roll ons FTW
just saying...and I wouldn't consider that even street racing if the term applies to the FF movies. lol that's just lane merge rehearsal.

Barreling thru metro traffic at over 110 mph in a car that ultimately handles like balls compared to a really prepped screamer is just being a prick.

Tdurr
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Well im glad this didnt go downhill. I was under the impression that(thanks to my kast kill thread yrs ago) thag if u even posted a street racing thread it would get closed.

Vanilla Sky
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Well im glad this didnt go downhill. I was under the impression that(thanks to my kast kill thread yrs ago) thag if u even posted a street racing thread it would get closed.

Like I said before, this forum's maturity level is far higher than it used to be, so we, as a group, have fewer arguments and fewer dick waving competitions.

I think that for the most part, most of us do take it to the track or to a safer location than just light to light in the middle of traffic.

Tdurr
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Lol well the thing that made it so bad is tge ppl who posted the kill stories would never say exactly where they were at or time of day. people always assumed they were racing in rush hr traffic in front of kindergartens and would always talk down to the one posting their bit of fun from the other day/night.

But im just sayin. If u read some of the post in this thread, ull pick up on the mentality that made posting a "street kill" no fun on 3geez. Any other fourm ive been on most ppl replied with nice kill/wuts ur set up/ ect.

AccordEpicenter
05-02-2012, 09:33 PM

this was what I was thinking too... :rly: In that case I might have a few to share:flip:

Vanilla Sky
05-02-2012, 09:42 PM
See now, we're getting bored. You better be postin' some kills :p

AccordB20A
05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
ive nailed a few insects while driving fast. speed kills !

Vanilla Sky
05-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I've nailed a few pylons driving fast. Speed thrills. And cones are 2 seconds.

2oodoor
05-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Lol well the thing that made it so bad is tge ppl who posted the kill stories would never say exactly where they were at or time of day. people always assumed they were racing in rush hr traffic in front of kindergartens and would always talk down to the one posting their bit of fun from the other day/night.

But im just sayin. If u read some of the post in this thread, ull pick up on the mentality that made posting a "street kill" no fun on 3geez. Any other fourm ive been on most ppl replied with nice kill/wuts ur set up/ ect.

my bad it was 130 mph wasn't it?
I was actually pretty nice in that thread till the end it got crazy, including you!
Really? you are better driver than 80% of drivers in Ga? I don't know Tim, maybe a little off there lol...
anyhew... that kill story did touch home a little bit since I have close relatives that are in that area at all hours. Maybe you will take a different perspective at some point in time when you are on the other side of a simialr topic. It comes natural.
The thought of two Honda's that are subject to be airborne at any moment, driving around them, is scary. Lets not argue what if's though, that's counterproductive for pleasant story telling time, I understand.
Ive probably done more crazy shit than that, definatley....Im kinda carefull who I tell those storys around and how much info I reveal.. again, natural.

Soapbox:/, it's been a while since we've had a lock but here goes lol....
I've been southbound on 85 more than once when coming around one of those blind sloped curves there was a wreck and with me going 70 or 80 I was barely able to stop in time to prevent someone from hittimg me or visa versa.
So, back on topic..making rules for kill stories could take the zing out of them and I certainly wouldn't want to do that..but maybe a disclaimer for the section? maybe not reveal incriminating details of time or place? retain some anonyminity in case someone elso who was also involved in the story may not be too happy about some event resulting coincedently ?Just suggestions!

I think the maturity level of the board has improved as well.

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Okay. Im not sure why but everybody lately seems to think their pickup truck is fast as shit, so Ill do truck kills today. These are all in the TL 6sp

Kill #1: Get stuck at a light, and notice a guy I work with in his '11 silverado quad cab or whatever its called right next to me. Im sittin minding my own business when he starts creeping up a lil and starts staring at me, so he puts it in neutral and revs at me... I actually debated for a second wether it was worth it but this guy is a story teller so I figured I might as well shut him up...I wasnt really even sure he was gonna race me anyway. So i pop a rev and stare back with a stupid smirk on my face. Light turns green! He launches it right as the light turns green and pulls an instant 3/4 of a car because I didnt launch, but i punch it and immediately pull even and blow past him as I grab 2nd gear and stay in it. Shut down at maybe 60 and mr silverado is 5 cars back and fading because I could tell he shut down at around 50-55.

Kill #2. Im cruising around headed home... maybe 8 or 9 or so, and I see this big guy in a mid 2000s dodge ram 1500 short box buzz right up on my left then go WOT and try and play with me. Truck sounded real nice but few trucks are actually fast so we line up again at about 40mph and I let him get a jump on me. He stands on it but I anticipated it so at least i was in 2nd gear so I quickly take that 1/2 car lead he gets back and start to pull away. Grab 3rd and quickly shut down and hes about 4 cars back... So we get about even again and give eachother the thumbs up then he turns off down another road.

Kill #3: So im headed to my rents place and Im sitting at a redlight when I see a kid Ive seen around driving a dark mid 2000's Toyota Tundra 5.7L quad cab pickup. Truck looks clean and soo he pulls up to my left, and looks over at me, and I can see him brake torquing the truck up to launch it. So the light turns green and I dump the clutch a lil too high and get a lil wheelspin, so he takes an immediate 1 car lead and I start to pull on him a little bit, and grab second and stay in it, pulling the nose of the car just even with the front of his truck, and grab 3rd gear and start to pull away slowly at 75-80mph then we shut down. That truck was def the fastest Ive come across and it actually surprised me.

gfrg88
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I got slaughtered by a dually ram a couple days ago in my ls crx on the hwy. Saw him last night at the track. Thing runs consistent 12.2s :drool:

Tdurr
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Lol yea dude dually trucks will get the hell down. More boost and more smoke. Its crazy.

And to my story, it was 135 when i looked down as i braked. Civic prob never broke 100. Lol
And to the whole 80% driver thing, i was clearly bsin but if there was a clear way to test it id be down :)

gfrg88
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Ricer.

Vanilla Sky
05-05-2012, 09:45 AM
If I had to make a rule for race stories, it would be:

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Tdurr
05-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Lol not even a rule, that's a disclaimer

Vanilla Sky
05-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Close enough :p

bullard123
05-07-2012, 06:34 AM
I am starting to believe, truly, that it is becoming sociologically impossible for people to be "good" drivers. Everything else in our lives focuses on becoming faster and more efficient. Compare almost anything else now to what it was like twenty years ago. One of the things that is different is driving. More cars, more congestion. Everything out there causes it to take LONGER to do anything in a car. We are all naturally frustrated. Skill levels and automobile quality and condition vary so widely I am going to say that we are well past the point at which this form of transportation is going to serve us well. It's just that it is so ingrained in our culture and economy we can't think outside the box anymore.

And, I am not saying that mass transit is the answer, either. It could just be that the post WWII model of suburban living is obsolete as well. We're headed for a huge reckoning at some point, though, it may not be in our lifetimes.

If someone has something positive they can offer me to break through this funk I will welcome it!

x2. I agree with this post. Impatience while driving is never good. Here in Colorado you can mark it down, everytime it snows or even rains there is bound to be a accident. To be honest I have never seen so many roll overs in my life. People will ride your bumper even when it is snowing here. And even if you are a good driver you are still in danger

89T
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
hmm, you thinking what I am? Colorado?

DBMaster
05-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Bullard, were you going to say something to help cheer me up? Even if we got "the morons" off the road we'd still have problems because some "good" drivers obey the letter of the law and most don't. There are too many cars out there, each of which is piloted by someone who is distracted, angry, handicapped, legally blind. high, drunk, and generally all making different decisions. The "smart highway" may go a long way to improving things in the future. My firm belief is that we don't need bigger roads. We just need to all be following common sense, efficient rules. The ONLY way that is going to happen is by taking the driver OUT of the equation.

2oodoor
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Bullard, were you going to say something to help cheer me up? Even if we got "the morons" off the road we'd still have problems because some "good" drivers obey the letter of the law and most don't. There are too many cars out there, each of which is piloted by someone who is distracted, angry, handicapped, legally blind. high, drunk, and generally all making different decisions. The "smart highway" may go a long way to improving things in the future. My firm belief is that we don't need bigger roads. We just need to all be following common sense, efficient rules. The ONLY way that is going to happen is by taking the driver OUT of the equation.

Interesting point DB, I was just in a conversation this morning about "black box" data logging via satelite.
With enough data from hundreds of thousands of driver's habits, locations, time of day, on and on.. I think all that data could be used as part of the development of "smart highways".

DBMaster
05-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Guys, sorry about hijacking the thread. I don't know if it the fact that I am getting older, having less patience, or just that the population around here is starting to reach critical mass. Texas has all of the top five growth regions in the U.S. Part of that is due to our legislature doing stupid shit to attract as much corporate citizenship as possible. They have not learned after fifty years of doing this that the low tax base prevents the state from ever having enough money to keep up with all the needs of these new people. There is no unlimited oil endowment for the colleges anymore. Mark my words. We are in a perfect configuration to end up like a third world country down here.

What any of this has to do with street racing, I don't know. I feel like a street racer every day. I'm a maniac because I actually know my car's limits and use them.

2oodoor
05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
WELL it is only slightley off topic lol, going back to what are we defining as street racing and what is the difference in jockeying for position on the freeway lol
The most fun on my commute is when I am driving the car, we have a half mile too long merge into interstate lane and is about the only time in traffic I can really nail it enough to get torque steer at cruising speed. I go in early and cut hard to the left oh yeah...

bullard123
05-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Sorry I fixed it^^ Yes I was agreeing about some bad drivers out there especially here in Colorado

bullard123
05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
hmm, you thinking what I am? Colorado?

Yep..Jerry you probably seen the crazy drivers here too

diegoaccord
05-08-2012, 01:20 AM
I wasn't aware that people still street riced.

Some kid tried to race at a light with me Saturday in a 01 civic. Revved up with my 8lb flywheel, at the green. He took off full speed, I didnt. LOL.

"BRO I BEAT A RIGHT HAND DRIVE PRELUDE LIKE IT WAS SITTING STILL!!!!"

http://thegurglingcod.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c387d53ef0148c84decb8970c-320wi

Hauntd ca3
05-08-2012, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=diegoaccord;1094694]

Some kid tried to race at a light with me Saturday in a 01 civic. Revved up with my 8lb flywheel, at the green. He took off full speed, I didnt. LOL.

"BRO I BEAT A RIGHT HAND DRIVE PRELUDE LIKE IT WAS SITTING STILL!!!!"

oh hell i love doing that! especially on the motorbike

DBMaster
05-08-2012, 06:35 AM
I have driven in Colorado a good bit. I used to visit a supplier in CO Springs and my dad has a place in Breckenridge. The drive from Denver to Breck is very annoying to me. On I70 I would have thought, by now, that the natives would be used to the ups, downs, and curves. I go blowing by the natives (if they would only stay out of the left lane) in my rental car every time. The road from Frisco to Breckeridge is one of the most frustrating drives I can recall. Bunch of pokey-ass grannies!

87accordlxi
05-08-2012, 08:51 AM
The road from Frisco to Breckeridge is one of the most frustrating drives I can recall. Bunch of pokey-ass grannies!

Try making the drive from Miami to Key West. 3.5 hours, one lane, nowhere to pass.

DBMaster
05-08-2012, 09:42 AM
^^If hell exists as described by Charles Dickens that would be it. I'll bet half the people making that drive are grandmas and grandpas, too. Aiighhhhh!!!!

86dxhatch
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Key west is great... the drive there... not so much. Last time I went down I was stuck going 35 behind a beat old pickup pulling a 30' pontoon boat 10ft wide, the trailer was swaying back and forth all over the road. I was staying back a good 100' in fear the thing was going to come off the trailer, and people were riding my ass, and even passing me and the truck.

Two days later on my way back up the keys, traffic came almost to a stand still, a couple of miles up the road, the same pontoon boat was in the mangroves, with the truck and trailer stopped just ahead, with a blown trailer tire. Its a wonder no one got hurt.

After passing the accident people were actually driving, got to go 40-50 the rest of the way back.

DBMaster
05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I guess I have never had patience for that. It would be a good drive for me if I am a passenger and have access to a good alcoholic beverage and napping spot!

2oodoor
05-16-2012, 03:14 AM
the movie "True Lies" comes to mind....

DBMaster
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM
^^LOL! That was a pretty good chase scene.