PDA

View Full Version : Wiper switch interchange

TylerW
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi guys:

Some helpful person in the past managed to snap off the wiper switch arm on my car, which is an '86.

I'm not about to pay the $200 for a new switch, so I've been scouring the junkyards for another. Apparently steering columns and parts for 3rd gen Accords are in high demand.

My first idea was to replace the stalk itself. Well I now know an '88 is different and an '85 is different.

The online parts catalog say '86-87 are the same and '88-89 are the same.

If I want to plug and play, do I have to find an '86-87 switch or do they all plug in and function electrically across all 4 model years despite differences internally?

Thanks....

Tyler

import racer
04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
There is a how to rebuild your combo switch on here that might help you.I did it to one of mine and it worked fine.

Legend_master
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi guys:

Some helpful person in the past managed to snap off the wiper switch arm on my car, which is an '86.

I'm not about to pay the $200 for a new switch, so I've been scouring the junkyards for another. Apparently steering columns and parts for 3rd gen Accords are in high demand.

My first idea was to replace the stalk itself. Well I now know an '88 is different and an '85 is different.

The online parts catalog say '86-87 are the same and '88-89 are the same.

If I want to plug and play, do I have to find an '86-87 switch or do they all plug in and function electrically across all 4 model years despite differences internally?

Thanks....

Tyler

The hatch combo switch is different then the 4dr/2dr due to having a rear wiper. It will still plug in and work properly. As for the years, I think the 86 is the only one that had any type of different wiring. I think the combo switch should still work from any year, if I can remember right I put an 88 on my 86 hatch. Look around ebay, I saw one the other day for around $75.00.