PDA

View Full Version : Brake Shakes Chassis of Car

AccordLegacy
05-01-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm having big problems with my drum brakes. i changed it atleast 3 times now.
everytime i brake the whole car shakes. the drums and linings and spring kit is about 1 month old.I Also changed the wheel cylinders and brake hose along with flushing the system. what can be the problem?

RAZR
05-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Have checked to see if your front brakes are warped?

AccordLegacy
05-01-2012, 05:00 AM
My front discs are not out of round. the steering wheel doesnt shake its the car that rocks back and forth. After i changed the drums t hey didnt shake for about 2 weeks then the shaking comes back.

AccordLegacy
05-01-2012, 05:10 AM
I know is the drum brakes cause when i put my car in drive and then it starts moving slowly i pull the handbrake slightly and the car rocks back and forth while making a rubbing noise and ive also tried it while going about 20-30 kph

2oodoor
05-01-2012, 06:48 AM
sounds like the brakes could be: not adjusted properly, or there is a hardware issue either mechanical or hydraulic that is holding a shoe against the drum all the time thus heating up the drum as you drive. Warped the drum.
Do you smell anything around the back of the car after driving in traffic?

Oldblueaccord
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I too suspect your over heating the rears some how. The rear brakes should be ice cold after a few miles of driving.

Double check the self adjusters are not swapped side to side.

Do a overall suspension check of other bad parts. The rear upper arms the ball joint wears very quick on our car check these. They wont last 2 years stock with out some play in them.

wp

Ayeobe
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
^ this. Also, whens the last time you did a brake fluid flush?

AccordLegacy
05-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Ive done the Brake Fluid Flush along the same time i changed the brake hose which was 3 weeks ago and it still shakes. Ive noticed that when im driving at 30-40 kph i hear the rear right shoes touching, the drums are warped already. but thing is ive changed the sprink kits wheel cylinder and had a brake flush. so it shouldnt have any problem? the only thing i didnt change was my master cylinder but that shoud not have to do with shaking....?