PDA

View Full Version : I forgot to cut bump stops........

ACE_14
05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Hey guys, I just put my Progress springs and Koni struts together but realized this morning that I forgot to cut and shorten the bump stops. Is it going to be OK? I'd hate to pull them apart again so soon. Will I notice it in the ride quality?

Hash_man_Se_i
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I would imagine with the progress springs that you shouldnt be bouncing off of the bump stops at full size very often. The only time you should hit them is at nearly full compression of the spring.

What stiffness are your Konis set at?

ghettogeddy
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
you can also just cut them while on the car... just take the wheel off and tape the strut so you dont cut into it

import racer
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey when you lower your car do you guys put the sleeve back over the shock or can you leave it off.

Vanilla Sky
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Some of us run the dust sleeves, some don't. The sleeves do help with wear in dirty areas, like here with the sand, and up north with the slush-grit concoction you guys end up with at the end of winter.

This (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/spring-rubbers-and-bump-stops/48802/page1/) thread touches on bump stop tuning a bit. They aren't just for shock protection anymore.

obdriver6
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey when you lower your car do you guys put the sleeve back over the shock or can you leave it off.

I took mine out but thats because I'm running top hats.