PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm/Keyless Entry

rgbpmp
05-11-2002, 08:45 AM
What should i go with if i want a good alarm and keyless entry. I know there will probably be some custom mods for the keyless entry, and with the alarm too. Cause they are so old. Let me know what to do.

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Do you have auto locks? If not I'd goto an alarm place that installs auto lock and get a viper alarm installed with them. If you wanted to go all out you could shave your door handles and have to door pop open when you hit the keyless entry button.

rgbpmp
05-15-2002, 04:54 PM
I have power door locks. But i was wondering if anybody has keyless entry and an alarm so maybe i could figure out which keyless entry control unit to get and alarm. If anybody's got some info please let me know. Thanks

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-15-2002, 06:15 PM
I have an Audiovox Prestige Alarm...I have been pretty happy with it...I had to get auto locks on my doors, but now it works well..
The reason I chose that alarm, was because loud passing noises do not activate it..I prefer those types of alarms..But I don't have a garage.maybe you do..
hope this helps... Most alarms made by Directed ( makers of Viper ) are good...

madmod89lxi
10-03-2002, 12:53 AM
i shaved all my handle and need wiring help (which wires to tap ) 4 keyless

Low Tek
10-03-2002, 03:33 PM
I have an 86 accord hb.. It has a clifford alarm - inside, laser sensors, and all the goodies.. It has remote keyless entry, so I to the back door handles off an 88 accord 4 door (some say that you can use the bar and hook it to the handle still, but I just removed the lock bar - it just got in the way) and now the only way to get into the car when it is lock is with the remote... better then shaving (I think)