PDA

View Full Version : tranny problems

romonharvey
05-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I need help trying to find the problem with my tranny I drive a 89lxi its a automatic well anyway I just flushed it an the next day it wasn't shifting threw the gears like it was suppose to do it will get stuck in first an then shift back an forth between 1 & 2 if u can help me out thanks

2oodoor
05-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Why did you flush it to begin with? Were there symptoms b4?
How did you flush it?
I don't know that I would do a typical flush on these since there is a screen filter inside the tranny only accessible by dis-assembly.
Changing the fluid is probably enough.

Also tv cable adjustment and operation should be checked when servicing transmission.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40885

romonharvey
05-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Had to the tranny wasn't flushed for a while an just drained it out an refilled it an there wasn't nothing wrong with the car in the beginning but after my idle started trippen an I. Went to get it checked but they told me my tranny was going out

2oodoor
05-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Well since you had idle problems I would certainly look at the cable operation.

The TV cable moves the same time your throttle cable moves and any adjustment to the throttle body or carb affects the TV position. By not shifting at all out of first tells me the cable may be *unhooked, broken or froze.

Before the transmission is condemned I would look at that anyway. Many transmissions of all makes have been needlessly replaced only because the TV hardware was *.

romonharvey
05-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Ok thanks ill give it a look