PDA

View Full Version : please help...

DX88
05-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I seen to be havin a lot of trouble out of my 86' dx. I need some help now. Brand new waterpump is leaking? Its on right & the gasket is new? Also my throttle is sticking, but the gas isn't? Idling at very high rpms & is now diseiling? Can anyone help or give advice as to how fix these things? Please and thank you!

Dr_Snooz
05-17-2012, 07:31 PM
I seen to be havin a lot of trouble out of my 86' dx. I need some help now. Brand new waterpump is leaking? Its on right & the gasket is new?

Most likely the water pump is faulty. Try buying your next one from Napa or from a good supplier (like Beck Arnley) on Rockauto.com

Also my throttle is sticking, but the gas isn't?

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Idling at very high rpms & is now diseiling? Can anyone help or give advice as to how fix these things? Please and thank you!

Your idle speed is set too high. There is an adjustment screw on the carb (I don't have one, so I can't tell you where, but it probably has a big plastic extension on it), just turn it down to a more reasonable speed.

2oodoor
05-18-2012, 03:27 AM
If the coolant has been leaking then the thermovalve sensor for the carburator controls is probably not functioning due to low coolant.

The air cleaner assembly needs to be taken off so all the vacuum hoses can be inspected and the carb can be sprayed down with some choke cleaner and or wd 40. Clean all moving parts and choke horn.

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2012, 06:54 AM
I've had this issue, and it turned out to be a faulty thermovalve B. I replaced it with a used one and I had a proper idle again. It sounds like you're experiencing the same issue I had, so I'd investigate that circuit as well as checking the coolant level.

Did you bleed your cooling system when you refilled it? Air can also cause that problem, but there has to be a pretty good deal of air in the system to affect that valve.