PDA

View Full Version : your favorite thing about third generation accords vs other honda projects

lostforawhile
05-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I was wondering what your favorite thing about these cars is vs. other Honda projects? in my case the best thing is you can modify them and work on them for cheap! The civic world seems to be all about expensive aftermarket catalog stuff and high priced JDM parts, things like buddy club etc. With these cars you can go to a junk yard, find something that looks like it might work, and possibly end with with something cool for a few bucks. The members here seem to have a great deal of ingenuity when it comes to making things work. It's probably because of a lack of aftermarket support and necessity in thinking outside of the box, but I think in the long run, it makes for a much more interesting project,when you have to actually think. One of the only decent threads on one of the "other sites" is built not bought,which focuses on this, but here there is no bought, it's all built lol.

A20A1
05-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Remove headrests, recline front seats. :) *apparently the Fit can do this to the front and back as well.

At first I did like the lack of support, but I found parts I wanted and made it work or made it entirely, the process ended up fun/rewarding.

I agree with you Tim, it does bring out the creativity and ingenuity of it's owner which lends itself to a much more interesting project.

Dr_Snooz
05-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I like that the cars always reward you. Every time you fix something, it works and the car runs and is happy. And you're happy.

It's not like other cars where you fix something and six other things break immediately just to prove who's boss.

POS carb
05-19-2012, 11:25 AM
#1 = flip up lights
#2 = metal door handles, all of mine are still original and shiney
#3 = to hell with OBDII
#4 = nuts and bolts, not plastic clips and glue
#5 = everyone seems a little confused when I tell them it's 25 years old
#6 = whenever something breaks it still makes it home somehow!!!

LJ1987LX-I
05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
The fact that I can go and want to put a 350 in it and people stop, think for a second, then applaud the idea and tell me to get on it... lol. They're always saying 1. "Now that would be the world's first FAST Honda, lol" or 2. "Well, it's a good thing you're not making it a tuner."

Lol.

Vanilla Sky
05-19-2012, 05:40 PM
See, I treat it like any other car. I'm a junkyard modifier anyway. My Jeep's lift kit is coming out of the junkyard, and if the Astra ever sees engine upgrades, they'll be from a Cobalt or HHR from the junkyard.

I do really like having properly engineered solutions to issues. It gives me something to copy.

MessyHonda
05-20-2012, 08:12 AM
this site also helps alot with builds lots of ideas that get shared around here.

1. unique project
2. only we know that these cars are superior with upgrades
3. junkyard keeps the car running

89HatchbackLxi
05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
1. Louvers!

2. The Hatchback model looks like a stripdown model version of an early 80s Ferrari mixed with a DeLorean.

3. Headlight's pop up.

4. Tuners with the super ugly looking mods tend to stick to the 90s and above models. (seems that way around here at least)

5. The Junkyard is always full of this car.

6. My car has never even once failed to start up.

7. With so many different interior options available, it makes every junkyard run feel like a treasure hunt.

8. My car tells me when it isn't feeling good and why. I don't have to take it to the doctor to get a diagnosis on whats wrong with it.

NateZQ8
05-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Pop up headlights. Plus you really dont see these cars anymore, especially in good or modded condition.

lostforawhile
05-20-2012, 04:49 PM
just did an entire lip for three dollars, that included the dollar to get into the yard,what other car can you do things like that with?

A18A
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I can't think of anything that makes my car better than any all other hondas other than I just overall like it more, so that's all that counts for me :D

lol from all these years i've had accords, the only aftermarket thing i have is my louvers.

obdriver6
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
1) Pop up headlights. (who doesn't love em!)
2) My first car.
3) Plenty of accords at the jy to keep mine happy! :)
4) The fact that people believe that these cars have no potential!
5) I just love it!