PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in the US have an Aerodeck?

Vanilla Sky
05-20-2012, 04:27 AM
I know this is an odd question for someone as well versed in these cars as I am, but I can't seem to confirm that no one in the US has an Aerodeck. Now that these are getting old enough to import with relative ease, I'm seriously considering one. While I'd still end up buying one if I weren't the first/only one with one, I think it would be uber cool to be the first in the 'States with one legally registered.

If you know of someone that has an Aerodeck, please send them my way, as I have a couple questions regarding the importation process they endured to register the car here.

86dxhatch
05-20-2012, 07:18 AM
There was one posted here that was on craigslist in Illinois or something, the thing was mint.

Vanilla Sky
05-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Found it. I'd never pay $7,000 for a carbed Accord, even an Aerodeck. Since I am being picky, looks like my plans are still in play.

MessyHonda
05-20-2012, 08:43 AM
yeah the story was that the owner was in Europe and brought over the car. reminds me of toneloc's car because his parents were in the military and brought over the 3gee from Europe.

charliekuney
05-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I think we're just now being able to import 1986-1987 aerodecks without too much hassle since they're 25+ years old now.

A18A
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Does it not cost much to import an old car there? I would've thought it would end up being cheaper to get the $7000 aerodeck (assuming it's in good condition) and modifying it to your satisfaction than buying one from over seas, shipping it over and then getting it road legal. Are you after a LHD or RHD one?

Vanilla Sky
05-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Must be RHD, have a B20 and 5 speed stock, and it has to be in nearly mint condition. I want to keep it 100% stock, so I'm going to be picky.

Truthfully, I expect to spend about $8,000 after all is said and done. I plan on helping offset the cost by containerizing the shipment and adding some extra parts for resale here. It will likely cost as much to get the car legal here as it cost to buy the car and get it on shore here.

obdriver6
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
7k for an aerodeck in the states doesn't seem too bad to me. I'm pretty sure he can be talked down to 6K but if you do go to japan, bring a lot of JDM goodies!