PDA

View Full Version : Blocked manual transmission B2K5 (anyone has experienced this?)

RAPH
05-23-2012, 08:13 AM
This morning my manual transmission B2K5 was blocked. No way to move the car, just like when the parking Brake of an automatic trans is applied.

We removed one driveshaft and the car it could be moved at least by by hand.

Tomorrow I'll check deeply what happened... anyone ever had a case like this?

I searched this forum as well as with Google for a "blocked" driveline but nothing...

Thanks Guys,
Rafael Palencia

A18A
05-23-2012, 05:16 PM
need more info. does the motor still start up and run fine? clutch working like it should? shifter working properly? maybe it somehow got jammed into 2 gears?

Legend_master
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Or maybe your brakes, or bearings are seized?

carotman
05-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Strange behavior indeed.

Maybe it's something in the differential.

Vanilla Sky
05-24-2012, 04:56 PM
I have a car in my yard that had this same issue. The 5th gear cluster had apparently gone bad and jammed the transmission up. I replaced the transmission with one I had on hand and scrapped the dead one. I couldn't get 5th gear off to even attempt an autopsy on the dead transmission.

itzdave
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Or maybe your brakes, or bearings are seized?

similar thing happened when one of my rear drums locked up one day, on my 4dr.

try jacking up the rear of the car and see if one of the rear wheels wont spin.

pickupman6
05-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm going with carotman. Mine did the same thing when I blew my trans. I got in fired it up put it in reverse and eased out on the clutch and it tried to die. Put it in first, same thing. Got out to push it and it wouldn't budge ( I was even parked on a slight hill)m put it back in reverse revved it to about 1200-1500 rpm eased out on the clutch trying to se if it would free up, it sure did, it freed up all the fluid in the trans along with the spidergears and a good size chunk of the bellhousing(read, it blew a hole in my transmission)