PDA

View Full Version : front end conversion?

effingmateo
05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
how could i go from just the regular rectangle headlights to flip up lights? i would rather have flip up lights on my third generation accord but i have the rectangle ones, and also how much would it cost and what would i need? thanks.

A18A
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
bonnet (with grille), guards, headlight assembly, corner lights & brackets, bumper lights (if you want it done 100% properly) headlight buckets that are welded to the car, relays, the switch on the dashboard, the control box, basic knowledge on swapping panels, a bit of electrical know-how & to be able to weld the headlight buckets to the car

depending on where you are located it could cost anywhere between $0 to $10000

Legend_master
05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
bonnet (with grille), guards, headlight assembly, corner lights & brackets, bumper lights (if you want it done 100% properly) headlight buckets that are welded to the car, relays, the switch on the dashboard, the control box, basic knowledge on swapping panels, a bit of electrical know-how & to be able to weld the headlight buckets to the car

That about sums it up.

2drSE-i
05-25-2012, 07:58 PM

LOL!! So true...

romonharvey
12-08-2012, 01:32 AM
I was wondering how hard would it be to convert the from end of a 88civic onto a 89lxi hatch

charliekuney
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Pretty hard as the Accord is quite longer/wider/taller.

Rendon LX-i
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
How hard is it to put vtec in my accord????

obd0driver
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Just find someone that wants your front and swap for them. Then you guys just pay to have them shipped that way your not paying out the ass and nether is the other person.

Dr_Snooz
12-15-2012, 04:43 PM
How hard is it to put vtec in my accord????

Silly boy. There's a How-To for that, http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?79118-B18B1-Build-and-Swap-Rendon-LX-I.

;)
(http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?79118-B18B1-Build-and-Swap-Rendon-LX-I)

seancmadison
01-15-2013, 01:41 AM
So im new to 3g as a member any time i dought my self witch shouldn't be too often but beer has other plans i go here. after about a year i actually think i came up with a question not even considered on this page. Also i am new but this has to do with front end conversion so if i posted in the wrong section please apply the earned 30 lashes for the noobness. I babe a front end euro head lights hood fenders whole front if needed to swap a 1990 accord lights to my 1988 accord. So question: if i take all these parts off will they fit. I have alread got my oil rag stuck in the motor and light would not flip. I owned two Z_31 Zs and one i turn on the flip lights and one comes up and one goes down opposite back and forth with out touching button. So i would like to remove fliping in general and put solid lights from a 1990 accord. I have been a mechanic since i was 7 and the 90 looks one hell of a lot like the 88. Just need require a second opinion. Also wile im here can i remove upper lower ball joint tie rod and one break line from 1990 accord and install directly into my 1988 accord?

cygnus x-1
01-15-2013, 08:53 AM
So im new to 3g as a member any time i dought my self witch shouldn't be too often but beer has other plans i go here. after about a year i actually think i came up with a question not even considered on this page. Also i am new but this has to do with front end conversion so if i posted in the wrong section please apply the earned 30 lashes for the noobness. I babe a front end euro head lights hood fenders whole front if needed to swap a 1990 accord lights to my 1988 accord. So question: if i take all these parts off will they fit. I have alread got my oil rag stuck in the motor and light would not flip. I owned two Z_31 Zs and one i turn on the flip lights and one comes up and one goes down opposite back and forth with out touching button. So i would like to remove fliping in general and put solid lights from a 1990 accord. I have been a mechanic since i was 7 and the 90 looks one hell of a lot like the 88. Just need require a second opinion. Also wile im here can i remove upper lower ball joint tie rod and one break line from 1990 accord and install directly into my 1988 accord?

Hi, welcome to 3geez! While I can't say for certain, my guess is that not much from your 1990 model is going to swap over to the 1988 model. They look similar but there were significant changes from 1989 to 1990. The only way to know for sure would be to try it.

C|

2oodoor
01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes I would'nt say it can't be done but it will be a lot of rigging just as if you were putting a Yota Camry front end on.

seancmadison
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
So fenders hood and full front clip might not be enough?

2oodoor
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
That would be a minumum to start but If I were doing this I would try a 1st gen Legend. I think the 4th gen Accord is wider so fenders may not look right?
If its the flip lites You hate then just make headlight buckets to use projectors. The whole assembly unbolts from the rad support and lifts out.

seancmadison
01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
The flip lights on the fender side dont hace a wide enough hole to put a projector light in im trying to do exactly that.
I was givin a great pair of euro head lights and want those they look beautiful on 3g accord 4door.

gfrg88
01-20-2013, 07:49 AM
A member on here did a CB7 front end on a hatch.. Let me look it up..

gfrg88
01-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Hondaman87

http://www.3geez.com/forum/accord-pics-videos/57309-new-pics-2.html

Legend_master
01-20-2013, 12:06 PM
The flip lights on the fender side dont hace a wide enough hole to put a projector light in im trying to do exactly that.
I was givin a great pair of euro head lights and want those they look beautiful on 3g accord 4door.

Go to ebaymotors and type in 1988 accord projector lights. They actually pre make everything to have projector lights in this chassis.

seancmadison
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Go to ebaymotors and type in 1988 accord projector lights. They actually pre make everything to have projector lights in this chassis.

Ok i know im hard to please and thank you for a helpfull post those lights were nice:( not quite what im looking for.

So back to the form topic conversion "conversion" to convert. Not to replace with newer/better stock. Im really looking to have one of the two (brother in law will have second ) 3g 4dr with 1990s front end since the person who posted the 3dr lxi with 90s front pic wont reply or was a found pic im going to try to swap. Ill start by removing everything i think i need and everything off my car and mach it up. If its too shady ill leave it be im no body man. Im a mechanic not a doctor. Ill let u all know if its possible. The only negative i here is its too wide so trim it down?. Oh well i was hoping to actually find some one who HAS done it. It may take a while but i will try. That's how customizing started TRYING. Thanks every one for your informative posts and quick replies. I only hope those of u who said it cant be done are not just scared to take out some tools and a tape measure and figure stuff out thats how i grew up thats how im goin.

gfrg88
01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
What about just retrofitting some projectors off an s2k or similar. Elpuma comes to mind, but there's others, too. It's been done. Have you thought about looking up other cars with pop ups? Get ideas off other forums, first hand experience you know... If you really want to do it, start measuring, cutting, welding, grinding, repeat....

Chrismfc
01-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Any luck with this? I have a 4g and a 3g sitting around and wanting to get the 3g back on the road but I do like the 4g front end better.