PDA

View Full Version : paint

HelenKellerrr
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I found a website that offers the honda paint, but for a gallon of the paint i need its 270 bucks. Is there any other cheaper options. I want the paint to match the original

2oodoor
05-29-2012, 08:37 AM
yes

The quote you're getting, does it include the activator/hardner, and reducers?
You could price it by the quart, doing 3 qts, which should be enough. It is worth comparing since the prices are so irregular depending on the color or if it is factory pack or mixed.
By the time you mix the paint with all the additives you will have over a gallon.

what color?

what type of paint and or paint system? You don't have to do base coat clear coat systems necessarily.

Paint Store (http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/rspssurethane.aspx)
There I was able to find Cashmire Gold Metalic This (http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RSP+AE2203-KIT-M) which is very close to what is on my LX but it would not perfectly match the factory color if I were doing a spot repair. It would match the door jams fairly close.
Total cost not including shipping was $105 kit incl. gallon of acrylic enamel paint, reducer and additive plus materials

89HatchbackLxi
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM
$270 for a gallon? That's not too bad of a price...

You need to tell us some more info about the paint and stuff before anyone can really give you a good answer on this.

If its $270 for a gallon of clear and a gallon of the paint plus all the additives/activators I don't think you can get much cheaper. Seems like it would be pretty low quality paint if it's that cheap. I paid $280 for just 1 Quart of basecoat and 1 Quart of Clear + the additive&activators.

If that's $270 for a gallon of single stage paint, then the price sounds more reasonable. I sure hope your car isn't a metallic though. Unless you're a pro at using a paint gun, or you have a friend that is.

HelenKellerrr
05-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Mine is the Monterey green metallic clear coat. When I get home ill post the website of the paint. ATM I'm not sure what the paint is. If I was going to get it repainted I would take it somewhere cause I have never painted a car before