PDA

View Full Version : Membership Incentive?

firefighterwhite89
06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Is there any kind of Foundation Membership Incentive, like a sticker or shirt or something? I'd be much more apt to jump at this Upgrade. Even if the Incentive was included in the price...

ghettogeddy
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
np just access to the foundation forums i haven't updated mine in a couple years, there are some other forum perks but nothing of value

firefighterwhite89
06-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm more or less making a suggestion for attracting newer members.

Legend_master
06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
How about a giant wealth of knowledge about your vehicle?

87accordlxi
06-03-2012, 07:37 AM
The list of Foundation features can be found here: http://www.3geez.com/forum/payments.php

The vast majority of Foundation Members joined to support the board. Stickers have been discussed as a possibility, but t-shirts would be too expensive.

gfrg88
06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes!!!!! You get to log in to 3geez everyday!!! AND you get a Foundation Member box under your SN :thumbup:

2oodoor
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
All I will say is those times when my foundation status expires, I can dEfinatley tell the difference browsing the forums so that's my incentive.

gtoman
07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
FireFighterWhite89, you gave me an idea. The T-shirts maybe to expensive and bumper stickers not a big deal as a freebie but what about putting those items up for sale to anyone who comes to the site. Member or not the extra cash flow couldn't hurt.

Adam

MessyHonda
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
FireFighterWhite89, you gave me an idea. The T-shirts maybe to expensive and bumper stickers not a big deal as a freebie but what about putting those items up for sale to anyone who comes to the site. Member or not the extra cash flow couldn't hurt.

Adam

here is a member who is willing to make stickers for us.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77661

conozo
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I think you could only do stickers or something is by charging a little extra. so for example it would be 35$ for a 30 year membership or $40 for a 30 year membership plus a sticker. You would have both options but it still would seem like you are getting a deal.

gtoman
08-08-2012, 04:56 PM
here is a member who is willing to make stickers for us.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77661

I checked the thread and the prices for the stickers seems fair but I'm wondering if the profits from this are going to 3geez.com or to this members company. My garage walls could always use more decoration but the idea was for the sales to benefit the site financially. Is the money going to the site?

Adam

89T
08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
How about 10% of all sales go to the board. the incentive would be upgrades to the board.

87accordlxi
08-09-2012, 06:45 AM
When people ask for permission to sell 3geez-branded items here, I ask for a small percentage to go toward operating costs. It's extremely rare that I see a dime from anybody.

vBulletin 5 is coming out, and I wouldn't mind setting aside some scratch to skip vB4 and just upgrade us to 5.

89T
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Yup, that's exactly what I am talking about. Anyone who sells anything on the board should donate to the board. It will be for our own benifit.

MessyHonda
08-09-2012, 07:15 PM
When people ask for permission to sell 3geez-branded items here, I ask for a small percentage to go toward operating costs. It's extremely rare that I see a dime from anybody.

vBulletin 5 is coming out, and I wouldn't mind setting aside some scratch to skip vB4 and just upgrade us to 5.

thats why i only pay every year i use it because the 30 year membership would not benefit anyone. in 30 years the 35 bucks is going to be like 5 bucks due to inflation

conozo
08-10-2012, 09:02 AM
where can we see a vB5 new feature list

87accordlxi
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
where can we see a vB5 new feature list

Details are scarce, other than a press release and some screenshots on their FB page. But it seems like it's moving to a more social platform since that's what people are so used to nowadays. Thinking of how popular the "New Posts" button is here, it seems that having the option to arrange content here along those lines (called an Activity Stream, similar to the FB news feed that we're all used to) may help bring everyone back on a regular basis.

And also, I want a blog here, and I want to integrate it with the official Facebook page (in the works) and a monthly newsletter. I'll make it no secret that I want to bring old members back as much as keeping new members around, and that strategy is going to have to involve reaching out through email and integrating new content in all sorts of formats. I've tried to do it in the past, and it was just too much work to separately handle social media, e-newsletters and content on the board. If vB5 makes promoting and navigating the forum easier, then I want it.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/vbulletin-announces-simpler-more-social-community-website-software-1668391.htm

http://www.facebook.com/vbulletinforum

247shuer247
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
i would love to see the site in that format and im sure everybody else would too i think we do need a fresh new look to this. :rockon:

can i make a suggestion? in the how to forum and the faq and any other part of the site that has been closed to comments. i feel like alot of those should be updated. alot of the how to's are so old that most of the pictures posted dont even exist anymore. if we could get some volunteers to do edit the how to's or even create new ones i think we could get alot of traffic coming through the site.Also alot of the links to so called aftermarket parts are dead links ... if we can edit those to working links alot of the members complain about these things

i would be willing to do a couple of how to's or write up myself with new pictures and detailed instructions and would also find a couple of awesome sites with 3g goodies

those are my suggestions idk if they are good or bad but im just trying to help. I hope you guys atleast consider them

peace :bong:

gtoman
08-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Those are great ideas. I was think bout the same thing. Just tonight I was reading through the Hot-to section wishing for working pics and links..

I would be willing to re-do some how to threads.

Adam

obdriver6
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Details are scarce, other than a press release and some screenshots on their FB page. But it seems like it's moving to a more social platform since that's what people are so used to nowadays. Thinking of how popular the "New Posts" button is here, it seems that having the option to arrange content here along those lines (called an Activity Stream, similar to the FB news feed that we're all used to) may help bring everyone back on a regular basis.

And also, I want a blog here, and I want to integrate it with the official Facebook page (in the works) and a monthly newsletter. I'll make it no secret that I want to bring old members back as much as keeping new members around, and that strategy is going to have to involve reaching out through email and integrating new content in all sorts of formats. I've tried to do it in the past, and it was just too much work to separately handle social media, e-newsletters and content on the board. If vB5 makes promoting and navigating the forum easier, then I want it.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/vbulletin-announces-simpler-more-social-community-website-software-1668391.htm

http://www.facebook.com/vbulletinforum

Kind of "off topic" but would AOM (or whatever its gonna be called) be integrated in the new upgrade (if it happens) or is that never gonna happen again?

87accordlxi
08-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Kind of "off topic" but would AOM (or whatever its gonna be called) be integrated in the new upgrade (if it happens) or is that never gonna happen again?

I'd be happy to bring AOM back, but it kind of ran its course after six years or so. I want to recognize members, but maybe we can look at it in a different way...

AOM focused on finished products, but Project Central can step in and we can highlight ongoing projects and ideas instead. Just a thought.

Vanilla Sky
08-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Stellar idea. We should also include road trips in a Road Trip forum. I don't think we'll see a ton to begin with, but I think more people will start taking pics of their 3geez on a trip.

2oodoor
08-30-2012, 07:49 AM
That sounds great. Me, I can never seem to come up with a "finished product" when it comes to my own cars. There will always be a primer spot or half the screws left out of something.

Vanilla Sky
08-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm much the same way. I'm always messing with something.

Civic Accord Honda
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Stellar idea. We should also include road trips in a Road Trip forum. I don't think we'll see a ton to begin with, but I think more people will start taking pics of their 3geez on a trip.

that would be a very good idea! i know every trip i take ill be taking pictures. like how people have build threads they could have adventure threads

obdriver6
08-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd be happy to bring AOM back, but it kind of ran its course after six years or so. I want to recognize members, but maybe we can look at it in a different way...

AOM focused on finished products, but Project Central can step in and we can highlight ongoing projects and ideas instead. Just a thought.

I know it wouldn't be possible to do it every month but what about every season or bi-yearly or yearly or what about 3geez picture of the month or or or........................... maybe I should just shut up and stop blabbering! lol

Legend_master
08-31-2012, 09:01 PM

I'm 2000+ miles into a 5500 mile roadtrip. I'm trying to get great pictures, but most the scenic stuff is park and walk to.

POS carb
10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Incentive?
with all the money you save by using the information on this site you should be ashamed not to donate an hour's wage

firefighterwhite89
07-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Ya know, I think a 3GEEZ emblem like our ACCORD and HONDA emblem would be a quite nifty item.

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy Prevail

PDXAccord79
07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
A bumper sticker would do it for me. The standard 3G's logo stenciled out would make an awesome sticker.

Clockworkz
07-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I just joined and already this website is good for knowledge and information. I would pay a bit if I got a sticker or 2 to add to the hatch.

I will say that it sucks trying to look at links or pics and they don't even work anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2