PDA

View Full Version : Multiple "auto down" windows.

Legend_master
06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I was reading this thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77375), and it got me thinking that this may be a possibility. Looking at the electrical diagram the only difference is the drivers window motor, and switch. I'm wondering if those could be swapped out to allow the passenger (or rear) windows to be auto-downed. I'm not even sure how the motors swap, but if its a bolt on thing this could be an awesome mod. I have not even taken apart the window switch yet to see if it can be replaced with two AD switches.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/74b2140d.jpg

2oodoor
06-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I want to look in to this, it never occured to me to do it.
I have this ritual of motions of putting the windows down when im leaving work so it would be cool for quick touch windows all around.
What would be even cooler is power rear hatch pop outs ehh?

Legend_master
06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I have this ritual of motions of putting the windows down when im leaving work so it would be cool for quick touch windows all around.
What would be even cooler is power rear hatch pop outs ehh?

I was thinking maybe we could wire it so one AD click on the drivers switch will roll all the windows down, and a non AD click would just roll the drivers down.

lostforawhile
06-03-2012, 06:10 PM
What would be even cooler is power rear hatch pop outs ehh?I never got to look into this but a lot of early datsuns had slide controls for the rear quarters, a couple of small linear actuators and you are set

2oodoor
06-04-2012, 04:13 AM
I was thinking maybe we could wire it so one AD click on the drivers switch will roll all the windows down, and a non AD click would just roll the drivers down.

That's a lot of amperage at once, Im not sure the control module would stand that. I only say that because one time a while back somebody was using the pass side button the same time I was using the master and it tripped something. After a while it started working again.
Im not saying it can't be done but only something to consider if it comes to troubleshooting it later.

DBMaster
06-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Somebody else on this forum modified the driver's window switch to add an auto-up feature. If you find that post you might be able to use the same process to add auto-down and/or auto-up features to all windows.

While I was searching online for a replacement power window control box I noticed several "universal" control boxes. They are usually added with alarm systems, but they look like you could use one in place of the OEM box to be able to lower your windows with a key fob remote. Pretty cool if you like that feature on new cars.

dieselgus
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N530T_1-00.pdf

Good unit, really decently priced. Use one for the back windows, another for the front passenger. Can probably wire it all in on the drivers door after the switches.

DBMaster
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Good find! I thought about using one of these "universal" control modules. Figuring out how to install it is within my capabilities, but since I found a new one online I took the lazy route. I rarely operate my windows and park in garages at home and work. Plus, I only have two power windows on the coupe. My window motors probably have the wear of ones on a car half its age since I rarely use them.

Legend_master
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
You were right DB looks like this has already been determined. Here is the thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55557&highlight=auto+window+up)

POS carb
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
i've done this mod
you need 1 driver's door motor and 1 driver's motor control box,
it needs to be a mitsuba with 6 pins, not the united 5 pin one
install the driver's motor into the pax regulator
remove the pins in the pass motor plug and reverse them so the switch operates correctly and add a ground wire from the box to the door
wire down wire to auto down pin
wire up wire to auto up pin

on the driver door just move the up wire to the auto up pin
when you hit up or down it will go auto all the way up or down
to stop it inbetween just hit the switch the opposite direction while it's moving and it will stop

This won't work on the rear doors because the motor is too big

POS carb
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
oh this is for auto up and auto down
If you don't care about auto up you can use the united box with 5 pins

charliekuney
09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
These cars don't have auto up?

POS carb
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
no, but the japanese Mitsuba controller has the capability, it just isn't wired up

charliekuney
09-25-2012, 05:25 PM
:o

Rendon LX-i
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Never got to doing this I was just telling a buddy about this. I have the 6 pin as well. Lucky me lol

POS carb
10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
i don't know why the imageshack button is such a PITA

here's a scan from my manual
pm me if you want the full size
http://carphotos4.cardomain.com/images/0015/20/76/15980267_large.jpg

POS carb
10-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Grab a driver's motor (no regulator needed) and control box with mounting strap and the 6-pin plug.

you can tap power (WHT/YEL) for the controller from the BLU/BLK wire and ground (BLK) it to the mounting screw. cut the wires going to the passenger motor. then you connect the following:
switch up (BLU/WHT) to controller up (BLK/YEL) or auto up (RED/YEL) (6-pin mitsuba required for auto up)
switch dn (BLU/RED) to controller dn (BLK/GRN) or auto dn (RED/GRN)

Then reverse the power wires in the motor's plug or else it will operate backwards