PDA

View Full Version : wierd tranny problem

JDM_LXI_
06-03-2012, 04:19 PM
hay guys i have an 86 accord lxi and it has a wierd problem it kinda shakes hard wen in first but after it shifts to second it stops ive tryed all of the tranny "gears" d2 d3 d4 d2 has no problem doing that but d3 and d4 have that problem please help me out here

Dr_Snooz
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, the place to start with any trans trouble is a fluid flush and adjustment of the TV cable. In your case, I would do a good front end inspection. Check tie rod ends, CV joints, ball joints, etc. Is it a rapid shake or slow? Are you feeling it in the seat or the pedal?

Vanilla Sky
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Moved to the correct forum.

I had one of my auto trans 3geez do just that. I replaced the transmission with one I had on hand, and it cured the issue. I had changed fluid, adjusted the TV cable, even tried one of those "miracles in a can", Lucas I think. The Lucas helped for about 3 blocks.

I never did an autopsy on that transmission, but I suspect it was dead clutches and/or crap in the valve bodies.

HelenKellerrr
06-04-2012, 05:38 AM
The problem with auto trans is that they are soooooooo complicated. but as snooz asked, where is the shaking?

2oodoor
06-04-2012, 05:58 AM
The problem with auto trans is that they are soooooooo complicated. but as snooz asked, where is the shaking?

This is a great information site for a lot of automotive topics,look up the one on automatic tranmissions, it is pretty good for understanding the basic prinicpals
http://www.autoshop101.com/

HelenKellerrr
06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I understand the basics. Its when you start messing around with it. I've looked at the shop manual for the cars anf the auto trans section and thought forget this

POS carb
06-07-2012, 02:40 PM
if you are talking about shaking at a stop then it's probably a rough idle or bad mounts type of problem.
When you put the auto trans in 2 it will not go down to 1st so there is less loading on the engine vs d3 or d4.
if it's shaking while moving in first you may have mechanical damage in the trans, drain some fluid and check for metal flake.