PDA

View Full Version : been working on my honda

H86accord
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
i have been working on my 86 accord since march. just installed pace setter header that i bought from a member from this forum. i had a friend clean them up for me and painted them black. ill post some pics of it soon. today im going to pick up some piping so i can finish the exhaust. putting on a 2.25 pipe with a cherry bomb glasspack with no cat. its gong to be loud. also have took off the full a/c system. that all i have done on it for now will keep you guys posted

cygnus x-1
06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
i have been working on my 86 accord since march. just installed pace setter header that i bought from a member from this forum. i had a friend clean them up for me and painted them black. ill post some pics of it soon. today im going to pick up some piping so i can finish the exhaust. putting on a 2.25 pipe with a cherry bomb glasspack with no cat. its gong to be loud. also have took off the full a/c system. that all i have done on it for now will keep you guys posted

Seen that movie, and yes it will be loud. Your neighbors will hate you but the cops will like giving you tickets. I suggest leaving room for another muffler later when you get tired of the noise. :D

C|

H86accord
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
ya the muffler shop would not do it for me unless i put on another muffler. so i want with a 40 series flowmaster.

mushroom_toy
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Straight pipe or no pipe...its actually very quiet. imo.

H86accord
06-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Got the exhaust all put on today. It sounds great im very happy with the results. Now need to take it to a buddys house for it welded. How much hp do you think was added from doing all exhaust. Thanks guys

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Well, you lost something like 35 pounds if you removed the AC stuff, and you might have picked up 10HP with the exhaust mods. To translate that to a 1/4 mile time, that's theoretically a tenth of a second or so lower ET.