PDA

View Full Version : 87 carb adjust

panthere0rose
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
hello

i have a honda 87 with Carbs i changed the air filter and sparks my problem is that the car stop when i remove my feet from the accelerator the slow motion don't work properly i have already adjust it but nothing

A20A1
06-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Possibly a vacuum leak of some kind, or plugs or distributor cap are worn.

Since you mentioned you replaced the spark plugs I would check the Distributor Cap and rotor.
Also to get this out of the way check the oil and check the coolant level, refill them if low, start the engine and open the air filter and check that the choke is opening when the car is fully warmed up.

If you can get a stable idle.
Spray "Carb Cleaner" around the carburetor but not inside the carburetor. If the idle fluctuates/raises then there is probably a vacuum leak.

Other things to check would be the fuel filters and float level. If you have a new top hat gasket open the carb top hat and check for gunk in the carb float bowl.

When you say "slow motion don't work properly I have already adjusted it", did you mean slow mix solenoid or an idle speed or idle diaphragm adjustment?
The Slow Mix Solenoid needs to get power and needs to be open at idle for the car to idle. Sometimes the solenoid will get stuck open or closed and you'll end up with problems.

There's more but try that for now and reply back.

lostforawhile
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
you can also go to the three geez wiki and download the entire service manual it's free, it's up there to help anyone who needs it. It will help you a lot

panthere0rose
06-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Possibly a vacuum leak of some kind, or plugs or distributor cap are worn.

Since you mentioned you replaced the spark plugs I would check the Distributor Cap and rotor.
Also to get this out of the way check the oil and check the coolant level, refill them if low, start the engine and open the air filter and check that the choke is opening when the car is fully warmed up.

If you can get a stable idle.
Spray "Carb Cleaner" around the carburetor but not inside the carburetor. If the idle fluctuates/raises then there is probably a vacuum leak.

Other things to check would be the fuel filters and float level. If you have a new top hat gasket open the carb top hat and check for gunk in the carb float bowl.

When you say "slow motion don't work properly I have already adjusted it", did you mean slow mix solenoid or an idle speed or idle diaphragm adjustment?
The Slow Mix Solenoid needs to get power and needs to be open at idle for the car to idle. Sometimes the solenoid will get stuck open or closed and you'll end up with problems.

There's more but try that for now and reply back.

i have already check the Distributor Cap and rotor there is one other thing when I'm in 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 transmission and the motor is running under 2000 tr/min and i accelerate the gaz the car is not stable and there is much noise in carb but after pass 2000 tr/min everything is ok ,if you have some picture to do something it will be great it's my first car and i love it despites her condition i wanna customize him

if a rebuilt kit can fix him??

slow mix solenoide ?? you have a picture??

panthere0rose
06-11-2012, 12:06 AM
you can also go to the three geez wiki and download the entire service manual it's free, it's up there to help anyone who needs it. It will help you a lot

thank you i have it

A20A1
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Main_Page

panthere0rose
06-13-2012, 03:15 AM
http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Main_Page

the manuel don't help me much i don't now the prolem yet

2oodoor
06-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Can you provide a more detailed description of when, under what circumstances, how often, and anything you can think of to better describe the problem?
Words that will duplicate the precise scenario of what is happening.

A20A1
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
slow mix solenoide ?? you have a picture??

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/car%20stuffs/carb005-2xc.gif

#7 Idle Solenoid.
Should be at the very back of the carb and only has one wire to it.

You can remove the solenoid and test it outside the carb, grounding it to the manifold or engine and supplying a (+) power to the wire away from any fuel that may have dribbled out. The solenoid has o-rings so losing or damaging them will result in a fuel leak or the car not running. Check your ground cable(s) if the solenoid doesn't retract. Replace the solenoid if it still doesn't work even with direct battery power.

panthere0rose
06-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Can you provide a more detailed description of when, under what circumstances, how often, and anything you can think of to better describe the problem?
Words that will duplicate the precise scenario of what is happening.

ok so , when the car is warm up and i'am i drive i left my feet from the gas and the and when the vitesse is not engaged the motor dies and when i restart the engine he don't start after a long time

A20A1
06-14-2012, 08:54 AM
ok so , when the car is warm up and i'am i drive i left my feet from the gas and the and when the vitesse is not engaged the motor dies and when i restart the engine he don't start after a long time

vitesse -> accelerator?

Do you smell fuel fumes/vapor?

Check your plugs for signs of rich or lean conditions. When the engine is cold, remove the plugs and see if they are white or covered in black soot. Also check the gap of the spark plugs.

panthere0rose
06-15-2012, 01:04 AM
vitesse -> accelerator?

Do you smell fuel fumes/vapor?

Check your plugs for signs of rich or lean conditions. When the engine is cold, remove the plugs and see if they are white or covered in black soot. Also check the gap of the spark plugs.

i mean when the engine is in neutral like in automatic when rthe engine is not engaged when i stop in red light..

i smell fuel fumes but i things it's the catalyst the probleme the plug and sparrk plugs are new

i removed my carbs yesterday and i found it without the needle idle screw

A20A1
06-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, transmission, I tried googling the word and that's what I came up with. It is french though?

when you say idle screw, do you mean

1) The idle mixture screw (a/f screw) in the hole at the base of the carb, and probably the closest to a needle. #86 on the image above. It's hidden behind a cap, if the cap was removed it can fall out.

2) The idle screw, throttle linkage side of the carb, connected to idle diaphragm.

3) The throttle stop screw back of carb, black knob.

panthere0rose
06-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh, transmission, I tried googling the word and that's what I came up with. It is french though?

when you say idle screw, do you mean

1) The idle mixture screw (a/f screw) in the hole at the base of the carb, and probably the closest to a needle. #86 on the image above. It's hidden behind a cap, if the cap was removed it can fall out.

2) The idle screw, throttle linkage side of the carb, connected to idle diaphragm.

3) The throttle stop screw back of carb, black knob.
:p yeah sorry for my english it's french thought. It's the screw number : 86

A20A1
06-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Well you found your idle problem.

You also need the needle spring, the washer, and the o-ring. The spring will provide some tension to the threads and squish the o-ring to help seal it. The o-ring you stick in there should be a new one.

Can you get a new needle where you're located?
I can look for one in my parts bin.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/S101110910_Royze.jpg
The Royze rebuild kit doesn't appear to include it from the image. There is also a Beck Arnley kit but I don't have images of that.

Majestic Honda doesn't even list the #5(image on their website) assembly for the needle, you'll have to purchase their whole carb for $838.89

panthere0rose
06-19-2012, 12:42 AM

You also need the needle spring, the washer, and the o-ring. The spring will provide some tension to the threads and squish the o-ring to help seal it. The o-ring you stick in there should be a new one.

The Royze rebuild kit doesn't appear to include it from the image. There is also a Beck Arnley kit but I don't have images of that.

Majestic Honda doesn't even list the #5(image on their website) assembly for the needle, you'll have to purchase their whole carb for $838.89

thanks a lot it's the probleme i think i'am located in tunisia and i can provide the parts from lybie i hope if i can't find you can tell me how i can provid this part by shipping or other ,
when i engage the front brake the regime of engine decrease this is another probleme you now how i fix it?
thanks for your reply

A20A1
06-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Operating the brake uses vacuum in the booster, if there is a vacuum leak at or to the booster diaphragm RPM's will drop. However, I don't want to go fishing for another problem before the first one is fixed. If the Idle mix needle is missing it should be replaced, then you can make another check of any remaining engine idle issues.

panthere0rose
06-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Operating the brake uses vacuum in the booster, if there is a vacuum leak at or to the booster diaphragm RPM's will drop. However, I don't want to go fishing for another problem before the first one is fixed. If the Idle mix needle is missing it should be replaced, then you can make another check of any remaining engine idle issues.

i have found the screw in another old carb , i have replace it and test the car
the car runs very well but after a long time of driving he return to the original problem i check after if the screw is there and it's ok i think he need a rebuilt kit and after i see what next

panthere0rose
06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
i have found the screw in another old carb , i have replace it and test the car
the car runs very well but after a long time of driving he return to the original problem i check after if the screw is there and it's ok i think he need a rebuilt kit and after i see what next

everyone tell me that the the fuel pump can do this problem what do you think ?

86dxhatch
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I would recommend a Weber conversion kit. It's $325 online and soo much less complicated than the OEM carb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-86-89-WEBER-CARBURETOR-CONVERSION-32-36-/360368097021?hash=item53e79cc6fd&item=360368097021&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

lostforawhile
06-24-2012, 06:21 PM
have you ever checked the resistance of the thermo sensor on the back of the block? I suspect a lot of them have gone bad and throw off the control unit. These have two temp sensors like the FI cars, but the second one isn't on the thermostat housing, it's right in the middle of the block underneath the intake manifold, the carb control computer uses this to set a lot of parameters,it works just like the one on a fuel injected engine

panthere0rose
06-26-2012, 01:43 AM

i have put the spring and the o-ring without the washer and needle spring the car runs ok in the first but after warm up (2 hours of ride ) the probleme come back
after i have found a good washer but i haven't the needle (you have a picture of him i wanna found one like him ?)

the washer and needle can be the problem ?

A20A1
06-27-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3341

Sorry, I only have a picture of the needle. I'll look around for the o-ring, washer, and spring.

Image of mixture screw (not ours) with all parts installed, left side.
http://images33.fotki.com/v1188/photos/7/743956/6213285/IMG_0606-vi.jpg

These would be neat if they fit our carbs
http://profactorymx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/raptor-660-fuel-mixture-screw.jpg

panthere0rose
06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3341

Sorry, I only have a picture of the needle. I'll look around for the o-ring, washer, and spring.

Image of mixture screw (not ours) with all parts installed, left side.
http://images33.fotki.com/v1188/photos/7/743956/6213285/IMG_0606-vi.jpg

These would be neat if they fit our carbs
http://profactorymx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/raptor-660-fuel-mixture-screw.jpg

thaks very lot for your help ,so you didn't reply me about the problem is because i haven't the washer and when it warm up the problem appear?