PDA

View Full Version : annoying site issue

lostforawhile
06-09-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm having a really annoying issue, after you type a post,then go back to edit something, instead of giving you the option to log in again, you get " you do not permission to perform this action" or something like that and you can only cancel changes, then you can edit it again,and get the same message, you have to delete everything you've done and have no option to simply log in. This happens even when the site is set to remember you. it doesn't seem to happen on a new post, it gives you the option to log in instead,but only on editing a post

2oodoor
06-09-2012, 04:34 PM
That sounds like browser setting but anyhew I just tried it and didn't get that but it did remove my foundation status until I closed and came back...which was weird since Ive been renewed since thursday.

A18A
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
are you using IE?

lostforawhile
06-09-2012, 05:28 PM
are you using IE?

thats firefox and completely updated, I don't even try to use the site on IE it's completely screwed up on there has been for a long time, the internet explorer issues happen no matter what computer the only common thread with that is IE so I avoid it

2oodoor
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Safari here, what I did was go try to edit my post in the AOM thread and saved then the thread came back with ads. I was like wtf and looked at my avatar and foundation badge was gone . I closed and came back, never logged out, and it was back normal .:wave:

2oodoor
06-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Somebody must be working on back ups , it's doing it to me again. The main page is way off in time and it put me out of foundation again.

import racer
06-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I got that same message when I tried to answer someones question,I thought it was because I was the first one to post an answer.I always use firefox.

87accordlxi
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Try going into your UserCP --> Edit Options and then select Standard Editor under message editing interface. The WYSIWYG editor isn't great.

cygnus x-1
06-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Is there any way to make the width of the editor window scale with the width of the browser window? It's annoying having a nice wide screen to read messages, only to have to type them out in a tiny little window.

C|

derolph
06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Is there any way to make the width of the editor window scale with the width of the browser window? It's annoying having a nice wide screen to read messages, only to have to type them out in a tiny little window.
I'm registered on many forums and I don't recall any that do not have the small post composition panel as standard and that provide no user option to adjust it.

2oodoor
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
This is just an observation not really an issue but when I view one of my posts today, using Safari, it has a picture of somebody's green bigwheel at the bottom inside my post. Ive seen this before but it was somebody elses avatar inside my post.

Civic Accord Honda
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
i use IE 9 on windows without issues, and failfox or chrome on Ubuntu without issues (using failfox right now lol)

cygnus x-1
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm having a really annoying issue, after you type a post,then go back to edit something, instead of giving you the option to log in again, you get " you do not permission to perform this action" or something like that and you can only cancel changes, then you can edit it again,and get the same message, you have to delete everything you've done and have no option to simply log in. This happens even when the site is set to remember you. it doesn't seem to happen on a new post, it gives you the option to log in instead,but only on editing a post

This happens to me quite frequently and it is seriously annoying. It happens often enough that I have gotten into the habit of copying what I've typed to the clipboard just in case I have to login again and repost. Near as I can tell this happens when your login times out by more than like 30 minutes or something.

C|

247shuer247
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
maybe its just because im using IE but my main problem is posting smileys

i cant click on them and when i click more it just goes to the top of the page
any body know if its just IE ?