PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I could get a gasket kit?

zenapup
06-16-2012, 09:02 AM
I need a gasket kit for a 5 speed manual transmission. Mainly, I only need the main gasket, I already have the end cover gasket. Any help would be appreciated.

Dr_Snooz
06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
I used a kit from Transtar to rebuild mine and they can be found at just about any transmission parts shop.

But I don't think you need the gasket. When I went to the dealer to get the gasket you're looking for (the parts store bent the kit and creased the big gasket), they sold me a tube of HondaBond. It's a form-a-gasket, RTV type goop. It worked great and is much cheaper than a gasket kit.

zenapup
06-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Well, Honda actually discontinued the gasket kit, thus the reason I was asking. I would rather use the gasket because it is what was used before, and gaskets are much cleaner than liquid gasket

cygnus x-1
06-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Well, Honda actually discontinued the gasket kit, thus the reason I was asking. I would rather use the gasket because it is what was used before, and gaskets are much cleaner than liquid gasket

Part# 21391-PC8-S00 for the clutch housing gasket. It appears to have been discontinued so unless you can find some place that still has one in stock the only other options are some sort of RTV/sealer, or make you own gasket from gasket paper.

C|