PDA

View Full Version : oil pan

jlaccord89lxi
10-19-2002, 12:29 PM
i probably already know this but would this fit an EFI engine as well???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1870116519

YK86
10-19-2002, 12:56 PM
The oil pan is the same for carb and EFI.

88WhiteLX-i
10-19-2002, 02:10 PM
My oil pan gasket is actually leaking, and Iam wondering how hard of a job it is to replace it. If I was going to attempt it Iam gonna buy a new oil pan anyways because the oil pan I have right now the hole is stripped. One mechanic told me $250 +parts he'd also fix the front power steering cooling line leak (which is easy and Iam gonna do myself), but another mechanic said $125+parts..... So Iam wondering how hard of a job it is and how much time are we talking???? Thanks in advance for all your help!!!!!

mike_fx_u
10-19-2002, 08:18 PM
autozone sells oil pans for like $60. the guy told me they didn't carry them. i told him they did on the website. he check and sure as hell they did. i had to replace my oil pan because my other engine threw a rod threw it. i think u have to remove the cross member under the car to get the pan off. i had the engine out of the car to do mine but i believe all u have to do is remove the cross member, take off bolts and pry off pan. mine was on there good so it took a little bit of muscle to pull it off

hope this helps
Mike

88WhiteLX-i
10-20-2002, 01:11 AM
It looks like I have to move the cross member and I have to take off the down pipe from my exhaust. has anyone replaced their oil pan gasket while it's still on the car?? LoL, I need some help here...

mike_fx_u
10-20-2002, 04:03 AM
when i did change the oil pan gasket i had the engine on a stand the same way it would sit in the car. the gasket doest really want to stay put while ur trying to get it started. there are 4 or five studs that are used for the oil pan instead of bolts so they help u get the pan gasket aligned. just make sure to put the gasket the same way as the old one becuase there isn't much difference between which direction u place it.

also before u try to get off exhaust pieces. the night before spray pb blaster on the bolts it will make the attempt easier.

more assistance
Mike

88WhiteLX-i
10-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your help guys, Iam still not sure if I want to attempt it myself or let some one else do it. The thing is that it's not leaking that bad, but the oil pan hole is stripped plus the gasket is gone, so it's gonna have to be replaced sooner or later. :mad: :mad: :mad: