PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Trim..Help!

gosnell
06-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I took off my plastic rubber trim to paint and clearcoat and a lot of plactic clips fell in the holes...whats the best way to put them back on

DBMaster
06-21-2012, 07:33 AM
They are probably all broken now, being brittle from age. Which trim are you talking about? You will probably need to pull some from a junkyard, order more from Honda, or get creative with another way to affix the trim.

Vanilla Sky
06-21-2012, 08:13 AM
3M trim tape works. We've used it to hold much heavier stuff to cars, and it's never let us down. It is a little expensive, but it's cheaper than buying all new clips.

89HatchbackLxi
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I took off my plastic rubber trim to paint and clearcoat and a lot of plactic clips fell in the holes...whats the best way to put them back on

I had a few fall into the holes when I took the trim off for repainting as well. If you have a junkyard nearby, pay it a visit. I got about 40 clips last time I was there. I picked up an entire minty looking set of the trim plus a few extra pieces from another for $10 and they didn't charge anything for the clips. Figured I might as well have some extras in case I need to replace the moldings in the future..

DBMaster
06-21-2012, 03:29 PM
The 3M tape is exactly what I was thinking about. The heavy duty stuff is STRONG and won't let you down.

MessyHonda
06-24-2012, 11:45 PM
The 3M tape is exactly what I was thinking about. The heavy duty stuff is STRONG and won't let you down.

yes i had to re do my side trim and the clips broke so i used the double sided 3m tape and it held up well